1) What kind of pocket protector is Dad wearing in this picture?
2) What song are Dad and Dianna dancing to?
3) What was Dad's nickname for Dianna at this age? (Actually, I guess he still uses it sometimes.)
4) In what state was this picture taken?
5) Why the heck is Dad wearing a fanny pack?
6) Why doesn't Dad wear fanny packs anymore?
7) How old is Dad in this picture?
8) How loudly (in decibels) did he just fart?
9) How did Mom convince Dad to shave the shaggy beard?
10) What kind of plant is Dad standing in front of?
11) What was Dad's occupation at the time this picture was taken?
12) Why the heck do Mom and Dad have matching glasses?
13) When did Dad start putting all his pens (of all colors) in one cup?
14) Just how long has he had that watch? (See picture 1.)
15) Why does Dad look totally drugged in this picture?
16) What does Dad think of Mom's curtains?
17) Who was Hubble?
4 comments:
Hmmmm. Let's see. Can we provide more than one answer to each questions to get more points?
1a. None
1b. A Dilbert one
1c. Since you can't see the ham radio boxer shorts, how did you know there was a pocket in them?
2a. Beethoven's Fifth
2b. A Fifth of Beethoven
2c. They Might Be Giant's "Women and Men"
3a. Rosanne Hosannah Dianna
3b. Dodie Fayed's Main Squeeze
3c. AquaPants
4a. Florida
4b. Highlands
4c. Consternation
5a. To hold all the stuff that normally goes in my pocket, but that shirt doesn't have a pocket.
5b. To help hold his pants up.
5c. Do you not know where a fanny is located?
6a. I still do, it's just that I've got more shirts with pockets now.
6b. He's graduated to backpacks.
6c. They're making Dilbert pocket protectors bigger now and they fit in the boxer-shorts pockets.
7a. Forty-eight
7b. Forty-eight going on five.
7c. Old? Old?? Old????
8a. 26dB
8b. 26dB
8c. I didn't get the nickname Foghorn Fordham for playing the horn if F.
9a. She didn't, it was Allen.
9b. By withholding, ummm, certain services.
9c. It had something to do with lice shampoo.
10a. Mom's Cherry Tree out front.
10b. Isn't that Allen's Poison Ivy?
10c. It sure ain't the papermill.
11a. Manager of Accounting
11b. Debbie
11c. Bean counter, and no, it has nothing to do with Question 8.
12a. That was the style back then.
12b. We don't, it's an optical illusion.
12c. The Salvation Army Thrift Store only carried one style back then.
13a. 1967
13b. Actually, there are six cups, because pens come in six colors.
13c. Never. Ever. It's another optical illusion.
14a. Just like the four different dogs over the life of the Lassie show, there are actually numerous identical watches, each lasting about five years. Timex's do wear out eventually, and these cheapies are built so that the battery cannot be replaced.
14b. Since 1969.
14c. You can't see it, but the hands have been stuck on 4:35 for the last 16 years!
15a. I'd just finished shoveling 18-inches of snow off five driveways.
15b. Mom had some extra Oxycodone that she accidentally left lying out.
15c. Uhhh, uhhh, don't tell me, there's gotta be a reason, I uhhh, just can't think of it right now... ask me later...
16a. Curtains? Did she put up curtains?
16b. What curtains? Those are valences.
16c. The exact same thing he things about her wallpaper, her painting, her redecorating, the new furniture, and all the other stuff that she claims to do that I never know whether she's fooling or not...
17a. Hubble was a goldfish
17b. The guy who laughed when everyone claimed he'd thought up the Big Bang, because he didn't.
17c. Vice-President under Lyndon Johnson.
18a. Homemade Beef stew
18b. Mom's Chicken Pot Pie
18c. Oh, I guess there's no 18 after all, is there?
1. Dad doesn't wear pocket protectors since he has a wife to wash his clothes when his pen leaks. The good news is that he took out the slide rule so he doesn't poke Dianna in the eye when he dips her.
2. Gotta be the Beach Boys, "The Little Old Lady from Pasadena"
3. Neenee. But he has another name for all four of you that I don't think you've heard. It has something to do with spending too much of his money.
4. This was LalaLand. See the smile? We are on vacation. As soon as we get in the car, the smile disappears.
5. Look at the location, it isn't really a "fanny" pack. The fanny is on the other side of the body.
6. Oh, that's an easy one. He learned when you get on a roller coast and they lower the bar and the unfanny pack is there, that well, he couldn't walk for the rest of the day.
7. Dad was born 75 and just kind of stays there.
8. SBD - look at the grin.
9. You'll find out when you get married.
10. I don't know much about plants. Is it a tree? a bush? poison ivy? corn?
11. Scoutmaster, new husband, programmer, accountant
12. They were on sale.
13. He only did it for a short time after he got the new dresser. He is back to the colored cups again.
14. Dad doesn't like change. When his watch breaks he finds a new one just like it.
15. He was sniffing the shoe glue. I had to hide it from him.
16. Curtains? He had NO CLUE about them. Just this year, he noticed them for the first time. Then he never noticed when I took them down and put up the shamrocks even though I asked him for help with it and he was in the room when I did it (though not helping).
17. Do you want Dad's answer or the right answer?
A few wild guesses:
1. An invisible one? I don't see one.
2. I'll go with something by Boston.
3. Southpaw? Her watch is on her right hand...
4. Gray hair, apparently a recent picture, but it's not Virginia or you wouldn't ask. I'll guess either North Carolina or Florida. Belgium isn't a state.
5. Perhaps you're on vacation and it holds a camera?
6. Since he's not wearing it on his fanny, I would guess it has something to do with the male anatomical reaction to heat.
7. Not as old as he is now, that's for sure.
8. No telling. He's probably been honing his skill and working up the volume for decades.
9. Women have their ways, I'd guess it's probably the classic method.
10. It looks like a fruit tree of some kind, but with the lush green leaves, I don't see any fruit. In a scout uniform, I'd guess a wild cherry out at camp?
11. Looks like a family portrait without the family, so I'll guess this is after marriage but before kids. I think he was a plant accountant or assistant controller or something, wasn't he? Of a paper company?
12. Lots of couples got matching glasses frames back then.
13. What, they came out of the pocket protectors? I could make some joke about the protector being a cup, but that would be more appropriate for the fannypack picture...
14. It's probably a Timex, they take a lickin' and keep on tickin'
15. Is that a work shirt? A factory uniform maybe? Didn't he work at a papermill during a strike or something? Or maybe those are pajama tops and he's got one of his many bouts of pneumonia. The kitchen decorations look like this is a recent picture, so maybe it's the flu.
16. He probably doesn't notice the curtains. Most men don't.
17. Hubble? The telescope? Isn't he an astronomer or something? Isn't your dad into astronomy? Perhaps he's your dad's personal hero maybe?
Oh, I LOVE these quizzes, and I like your dad's too, even tho' I haven't actually commented on his.
Here are my answers.
1. I can't see a pocket protector, but I'll guess a JMU one.
2. It looks like a waltz of some kind, or maybe a polka. "Roll out the barrel" maybe?
3. "Sweetheart" is always a nice nickname for a daughter. "Daddy's baby girl" is another.
4. State? State of confusion maybe? or Steady State? Or a U.S. state? Virginia? No idea.
5. Why does any man wear a fanny pack? Or any woman for that matter? To avoid having to carry around a large handbag or purse, silly. He'd look a lot funnier carrying a handbag around. I'll answer: "to hold all the stuff he normally keeps in his pockets -- so he'll have room in his pockets for his hands" since he has his hands in his pockets.
6. I'll guess he's gained some weight and no longer has room for it up front, and it's a pain carrying a fanny pack on your fanny.
7. His hear isn't as gray as it is now, so I'll guess ... umm, no I won't.
8. From his look, it appears that he is in a preparation stage, or perhaps the execution stage, and not in the after-performance stage.
9. To keep this blog G-rated, I can't answer this one, but let's just say that all women can control their husbands the same way. Well, MOST women...
10. This is a hard one. It's some kind of bush, not any tree I've seen, unless its a fruit tree of sone kind, maybe pear or cherry? But I don't see any fruit or buds which would usually be apparent at that time of year given how lush the foliage is. I'll go with a funny answer: "an industrial plant".
11. Occupation or PRE-occupation? This is a very good picture of the two of them. Didn't he used to be a scientist or something before he became a professor? Or a computer programmer?
12. I'll guess they were newly married. Lots of couples share uniforms at that stage in their marriage. The question is, was their prescription the same? I'll bet it was.
13. Your dad seems like the kind of guy who would have done this since he was a little kid. Being well-organized is a life-long obsession for some people. Keeping pens all together in one place, in a cup, is just sign of a well-organized mentality.
14. Many men keep the same watch all their lives. A good expensive watch is worth repairing and keeping lifelong, and even passing down as an heirloom. My grandfather had a watch he used for over 50 years. I'll say 25.
15. The enlargements looks like he's in a work shirt of some kind, and he looks like he's been working very hard physically and has taken painkiller. I'll guess he just took down a tree, or dug some fence-post holes, or other strenuous work, since the shirt looks like it is drenched in sweat. Or perhaps he's got the flu or a cold and the shirt is soaked with sweat from a fever, and is high on antihistimines? ---- Oh, and I like all the hearts on the picture on the wall and on the window valances. Obviously your parents' home is filled with love.
16. It's obvious he loves your mother very much, but men generally don't think much of hearts and stuff, so he probably thinks they are silly girly stuff.
17. Perhaps this is an inside joke, and Hubble is a nickname for your Dad. Just thinking out loud: this picture shows hearts on the wall, hearts on the curtains, a daddy in a soaking-wet shirt who apparently is very tired or sick and has taken medicine, so perhaps Hubble is the doctor who gave him the medicine? Or maybe a nickname for the medicine itself? Oh, I've got it! Hubble is the nickname for your dad when he is SKY-HIGH! That's it. He's sky high, like the Hubble telescope. Bingo.
I really enjoyed this. Do some more!
Post a Comment