Good news! I do have housing this school year after all! I have to share a room, but that's okay, I guess. It'll work out. And if it doesn't, something else will.
I got so angry the other day that I started taking medicine for anxiety again for the first time in about six years. I've been on it for three days, and I'm not going to lie, I feel a ton better. And the fact that I only have to work at this job for another two weeks helps, too. I like the SeaLife Center, but I hate my actual job. I don't do anything. I spend the first half of the day, every Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, sitting around doing nothing. Seriously, I check the bathrooms and glass every hour or so, then beg people to give me something to do, and they just say, "Stay out of sight in the basement." And I say, "What about this? What about that? Can I empty trash? Can I mop this hallway? Can I vacuum that room?" and they say, "No, Mike empties trash, and if you vacuum or mop, you'll get in someone's way. Just sit here in the basement and read your book." Well, I like reading. But I hate getting paid for NOT working.
I try to make up for it by working double-hard as soon as 5:30 comes around and it's time to clean the bathrooms. Once the Center closes, I clean the bathrooms as fast as I can so I can also vacuum the main walking areas and stairwells and wipe the dust off the ledge by the escalator... but it doesn't make up for having to sit around doing nothing for five hours.
Oh well. Less than two weeks till school starts and I can get back to my normal stresses: evil teachers, too much homework, frustrating school administrators, and boring classes where I don't learn anything worthwhile. Not to mention annoying roommates, an empty juggling club that I'm now president of, and intense cold. It'll be great.
2 comments:
Nice work ethic...but...sometimes you just have to be "invisible" for a while.Sucks I know...but it happens with every job.For instance..say we have a thunderstorm roll through....we close everything down until it goes away.We go sit in the coffee shop till we are called back out or sent home.Not that they aren't paying me for "work" in the firstplace mind you!!..HA Ha.
Bring your laptop and write! Find some scholarships you can get with essays (there are lots of them) and you will be double-dipping.
Post a Comment