It's already been a freaking awesome weekend! Friday night, I went out to North Pole and played Earthdawn with my geeky role-playing friends. It was freaking awesome! The group is actually really cool, and has more fun coming up with weird ways to solve problems than trying to come up with a dramatic past for their emo half-elf characters. Plus, I play it with six guys, and they're all cute. Not necessarily all single, but so what? I can look!
So we played that until about two in the morning, and then on Saturday, I went out around six in the evening to practice canoeing. We were originally going to play Ultimate Frisbee again, but nobody showed up except, of course, Tony, because he lives there. I didn't mind, though, because it gave me a chance to get the hang of canoeing. So we did that for a few hours, and his wife and kids and dogs came out and paddled around, and then people started showing up to play Magic: the Gathering. It was pretty fun, though not as much as role-playing the night before. Toward the end of the last game (in which I got my butt kicked), my ADD started kicking in, and I started looking at some of the books that filled the room. (Tony has a bigger collection of fantasy and science fiction books than several book stores I've seen!) Tony pointed at one and said it was really good, so I started reading it and ended up with my nose stuck in the book. After the third game ended, Tony and I started talking books, and I ended up helping him alphabetize his books, which took until about five in the morning!
Then today, I woke up at eleven and brought Peter out to Cindy and Mike's to help get some hay for the horses. We were originally going to get 100 bundles, but they were all damp, so we only ended up getting 26. Then Mike grilled some pork and Cindy picked some fresh vegetables from the garden and cooked them up and it tasted AMAZING! Mike put in a movie called Ran, which is a Japanese movie based on King Lear, I guess. I thought it was a little meh, mainly because it's not quite my style movie. I prefer comedies, personally.
Oh yeah, and Peter gave me a really cool knife for the knife collection I'm going to start when I actually have money! :D
2 comments:
So I presume school is out for the fall?
Sorry I can't delete his comment. He was obviously drunk. Or someone stole his computer. Or he was thinking you were someone else. Or he was being funny.
Post a Comment