After a 21-hour trip, I'm really glad to be back in Fairbanks. My eight-hour layover in Seattle was all kinds of miserable. I did a little homework, finished reading one of the books I brought along, started the other book I brought, finished the other book I brought, juggled a little, did a little more homework, and ended up just falling asleep on one of the benches. A lady woke me up about an hour and a half later. "Excuse me, but are you on the flight to Fairbanks? It's boarding right now." I jumped to my feet faster than if someone were to stand in my bedroom doorway and shake a glass of ice water. I tried to thank her profusely, but she had disappeared and I didn't see her again. I don't know if she worked for the airline or was just another passenger, but she had disappeared completely. I guess I'll just tell myself she was a guardian angel.
I was welcomed back to Fairbanks by the first snow of the year. I'm thoroughly enjoying the cool weather up here, as opposed to the 90-degree, 100% humidity weather in Florida, where every time I stepped outside, my glasses would fog up. One of my Australian friends was complaining that it's not winter yet, so it's not allowed to be this cold. I refrained from telling her that it's probably going to get 80 degrees colder than this before it's really winter. She'll figure it out.
2 comments:
Well dangit...you had 8 whole hours to kill in Seattle...and where was I?...UTAH.I would come up and kept ya company at least.My luck just seems to run that way I guess.
I am so glad you made it out. Have you dug out your coat yet?
Post a Comment