Playing Magic: the Gathering, I got my butt kicked twice in a row--and by "butt kicked," I mean I seriously got it handed to me. The first time, I couldn't do anything. I was playing an aggro deck against two control decks, and they prevented me from doing anything at all. The second time, I was playing the dragons deck, but I got one land in my first hand and then didn't get another within five turns, by which time the other two players realized I had the dragons deck, which is massively powerful... if you have land. So one of the players one-shotted me for 28 points (you start with 20). The third game was a Chaos game, where something random happens every turn. The decks were fairly evenly matched, and I was playing a deck that had a lot of cards that would give me life. I started out doing terribly, but by the end, I was totally whooping up. If Tony hadn't conceded, I probably would have had over a thousand health within four turns, and then stomped on him with forty or so 1/1 elves, all with a +2/+8 modifier.
I have high hopes for juggling club. My goal is to have ten active members by the end of the year and enough money for a pizza party. When I signed us up to juggle fire at Starvation Gulch, the lady in charge said they'll buy us some new fire gear. I'm pretty stoked!
Got a new shelf installed by my bed today. Now I have a place to put my glasses or the book I'm reading when I go to sleep without having to climb down from my bunk.
I'm getting to know every pothole in the road I live on. They're really deep potholes, and there are like eleventy billion of them. One reason I look forward to winter: the snow and ice will kind of fill them in.
Oh yeah, playing my "fantasyland make-believe game" Friday night was awesome too. The story was awesome, the characters were fun, except I didn't like mine as much. They wouldn't let me play my hyper pixie character. I tried playing one that was a little loose, but unfortunately, I couldn't pull it off. The first time I tried hitting on someone, I ended up hiding my face and saying, "Never mind, I can't do this!" She was a human swordmaster, and she was a kind of lame character. I couldn't figure out a good personality for her, for one thing, but for another, the dice hated me. It seemed like I didn't roll higher than five all night. Chad, on the other hand, managed to deal 42 damage in one blow with a crossbow bolt--at level one! He shot it straight through a river drake's neck, felling it in one blow! Tony's cat-character rolled a 33 dexterity check to dive-bomb 150 feet onto an air-ship to trigger an air grenade. My character, in contrast, jumped onto the ship later, when they were like twenty feet apart, fell on her face, got up, swung her broadsword, missed, took twelve points of damage, fell, got up, tried to stab with her sword, missed... well, slight exaggeration. She did take one guy down, somehow. But yeah. Anyway, it was cool. The best part was when she went in the bar to get drunk, and the male human in the group said he would come supervise, and the cat-man who she had befriended said he would come to protect her honor and to make sure the male didn't take advantage of her drunkenness. They chilled by the bar while my character got drunk. It cost three silver, and she had a hangover the next day, which meant a negative one step to my dice rolls until noon.
1 comment:
I'm glad you're happy. Your daddy loves you.
Post a Comment