Monday, September 28, 2009

Starvation Gulch

Starvation Gulch was a lot of fun. The bonfires didn't seem as hot as last year. I'm not sure if it was due to the snow, or if they were set a little further back, or if the wind happened to be blowing in a better direction or something, but either way, I was grateful not to be dying of heat stroke.







Afterward, the juggling club went out to Denny's. A fun time was had by all. We had a lot of non-jugglers tag along with us, and ended up with a party of probably ten or so, all of whom got up and moved around a lot. I left our poor waitresses a few bucks extra for a tip.

Most of us got a few minor battle scars from the Gulch. I got a few nicks because
I spent most of the show with the machetes (we had enough jugglers there that almost all the fire stuff was in use almost all the time), and I caught the blades a few times. Okay, maybe several times. Becca singed some hair off her arms, Christian singed some hair off his head, and poor Hannah burnt her mouth from eating fire. (She closed her mouth all the way around the metal rod. The rods get hot.) Nobody got anything serious. Except maybe a little traumatized when two dorks thought it would be funny to take off their clothes and go streaking in front of the bonfires. The ran and danced around for a bit and then took off into the woods. I happened to be standing next to one of the people in charge, who smirked and informed me that they had run straight toward a cop on a four-wheeler.

Life is funny.

4 comments:

CaptainCaveMan said...

Sounds like it was an all out blast up there....wish we could get something like that rolling here...

Unknown said...

I totally missed them the nude couple but I did see a four wheeler pulling over a truck with two guys in it, bet that was them!
Oh and you guys were totally awesome! I wish I could have been out there. I am practising for next year! hopefully I will be good enough, I hope to day a fire contact juggling. :)

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Let's see... back problems, burned skin, nicks and cuts, ... what are we missing?

dubby said...

(I know what Dad is missing *cough*)

So you still have your hair? And hat is this "A good time was had by all"???