Saturday, September 26, 2009

Update

I'm sitting by the heater in the cabin. The heater says it's set to 80 and the room is 86. Consequently, it's blowing hot air on me. Isn't there something wrong with that?

Oh well. I don't mind for now. There's snow on the ground. Not much--maybe a half inch or so. But there's still snow.

It's been an interesting last few days. Two of my roommates came down with swine flu. I think I started to get it a few days ago, but I definitely don't seem to be sick now. Hopefully I fought it off without even hardly feeling the effects of it.

A friend of mine asked me to come fix his computer. It used to run Oregon Trail (the original 16-color version, with the black background and the typed commands), but after he reformatted, now it doesn't. I worked on it for a while, even went home to redownload the Applewin program for him, to no avail. When it didn't work, he shot me with his BB gun. At point blank range. In the neck. Jerk.

At juggling practice, I was practicing with a fire poi that had too short of a string and burned my hand pretty nice. It's a little infected and won't heal for a while, but it doesn't hurt too bad, and it looks kind of cool.

I got my six-page research paper about Shakespeare's history play Richard III done on time. Of course, I wrote it in the wee hours of the morning (I'm a college student--that's how I'm supposed to do it), so it came out a little weird. But so do most of my papers. I guess we'll see how much a sense of humor my professor has. I suspect he won't mark off too much for being silly, but he may mark off because I didn't use enough sources.

Yesterday, I had the most horrible nightmare! I dreamed I went back to the Resort because they were having a donut party. There were hundreds and hundreds of donuts of all kinds... except they didn't have my favorite kind with the whipped cream-ish filling. I went through all of them, and finally thought I had found one, except it ended up only having like a half a teaspoon of the filling in the entire inside of the donut, and I couldn't even taste it. Also, the donut itself tasted like sand. It was awful!!!

I bet that dream was sparked by the fact that I haven't had my favorite kind of donut in years, since Safeway stopped MAKING them!!! In fact, their selection's been crap lately. And by "lately," I mean for a really long time. It's depressing. I wish there were a Krispy Kreme in Fairbanks. Or even a Dunkin Donuts. But nooooo!

Last night, I dreamed I was at the Resort again, and Mom and Dad were working there and I was living in the barracks with them, only I wasn't allowed to work there. I drove down to the docks every day and worked there instead, driving people around in a little speedboat. So one day, I went in to see the housekeepers, and it was just Mom and Maggy cleaning a room, and then Housekeeper Mike walked in, and I started seeing red, I got so angry, just from his presence. I think I have residue anger issues over that. Then Dad gave me a big long angry lecture and sent me downtown and demanded I stay off Resort property until I could control my actions because I was behaving like a child. I was glad to wake up.

I need to go see a chiropractor. My back doesn't hurt, but I messed it up really bad several years ago and never got it fixed. I don't know if it's going to complicate things in the future or not. Basically, I was at a church activity where they were teaching self-defense. We were practicing throws, and the girl I was partnered up with was throwing me, so I decided to be obstinate and resist. She threw all her weight into it and finally flung me to the ground. Really hard. Only, she had her foot on the ground with her heel down and her toe pointing pretty far up because her muscles were all tensed. My spine went right over her toe. I couldn't even move for what felt like several minutes. It definitely took a while to get up. Now if you run your fingers down my spine, when you get a third of the way down, the disks get alarmingly close together, then a few start touching, and then suddenly, they get so far apart it almost feels like I'm missing one. And yet, it doesn't hurt. Weird.

So bottom line is, I don't even really have extra money, but I think I'm going to go see a chiropractor anyway. But first, I want to ask around and see if anyone knows a particularly good one, or even a particularly bad one to stay away from.

Hmm, what else? Oh yes, I also applied to get my editing job back. We have a new boss this year. I don't really know him that well. He seems much more stolid than Kortnie (last year's boss).

Juggling club is doing well. We have several regulars now. I'm a little frustrated that Casey's decided that since I commented once that I didn't really know what I was doing being president and he would probably be better at it than me, this means I was trying to say, "I want you to be president." So he said, "Okay, I'll be president," and now I'm having trouble making him let go of this idea. I want to be president because I need the experience of having a leadership role, and because when I first started coming here, I took it upon myself to rebuild this club. I'm finally starting to get somewhere, and I really don't want someone to say, "Well, I'm better at this than you, so I'll just take over now." I guess it's a pride thing. Also, the more I get to know him, the more I think maybe he wouldn't be all that good. Sure, he's charismatic. I want him to emcee at shows, definitely. But he's also a little self-centered--as in, he keeps claiming club stuff and saying, "this is mine; I'm keeping it," or "this should be for officer use only because it's nice." I need to learn to get up the guts to say, "No! Bad boy! Put it down!"

So there's my update. We're juggling fire at Starvation Gulch tonight. Wish us luck!

2 comments:

dubby said...

I pay your medical bills so you GO to a doctor when you need to, remember? And I thought you had the extra insurance? See if they are in network with Blue Cross/Blue Shield/Anthem. Then it is an affordable 33.50 a visit (for me to pay)

CaptainCaveMan said...

GL,be safe(as poss-i-ble,snicker)and SNOW?...so jealous..but the Wasatch is supposed to get slammed middle of next week!!..so ya...its coming!!