I almost killed a kid yesterday. Two-year-old Brayden wanted me to toss him up in the air. He climbed up on the couch and begged me to throw him up, so I looked up and made sure there weren't any rafters in the way, then tossed him up as high as I could. Well... I looked up, but I didn't look up and back, and his head smashed into a chandelier. He screamed, and when I looked at the chandelier, I noticed the one he smashed his head into no longer had a bulb, and for one horrifying second, I thought I had smashed the bulb into his face and I would look down and see bits of broken glass sticking out of the new holes I had punctured in his skin. But no, he wasn't bleeding at all, and it turns out I didn't break the chandelier. (There hadn't been a bulb in that one to begin with.) Once his parents realized he had nothing worse than a potential bump on the head and the chandelier was okay, they had a good laugh about it. Man, I felt horrible!
Well, the place I was living felt crowded, and I didn't really have a place to plug in my car. In fact, I didn't have room to finish moving in my stuff, so my cold weather gear was/is still in storage. So I moved out and now I have my own cabin (with my puppy). It has no running water, but at least the outhouse has a heat lamp and blue foam, so it's not too miserable. At least, not at -10. It's a little annoying, though, that once I have my pajamas on, I have to get fully dressed in warm clothing if I have to use the bathroom.
Oh yeah, also, I haven't showered in three days. I was going to use the showers on campus, but I didn't realize till I got to campus today that I'd need my student ID card. I don't actually know where mine is, and I'm too cheap to spend $15 buying a replacement when it's probably packed away in one of the boxes I'll be unpacking here soon anyway. So then I was going to shower at Peter's house, but I think he's mad at me, so maybe I should find an alternative.
Stormy apparently has separation anxiety. She gets really mad when I leave without her. She doesn't tear stuff up while I'm gone, but she will crap on the floor right in front of the door, even if I'm only gone for two hours. She knows better. Bad puppy! (Now I'm really glad I made a point to get a place with hardwood floors.)
On Halloween, I went bowling with some friends. First of all, watching Sith lords and jedis bowl and "use the force" to make the ball spin over and knock the pins down is really awesome. Second of all, I'm terrible at bowling. In the first game, by the fifth set, my total score was 5. Then I went to the snack food stand and found a really shiny ball that I decided to use, and then my score started improving. My final scores were 40, 76, and 98. This is proof that shinies really are better.
That said, I have to go to class. I'll update more when I have internet at my cabin... which I don't have right now.
6 comments:
I don't even know where to begin, or which is more disturbing? No shower in 3 days, or the fact that you called it "the fifth set". Tennis has "sets", bowling has "frames". Sheesh, kids...
take care of my sweet grandpuppy. What are you doing leaving her for two hours at a time without a puppy sitter. Does she have plenty of chew toys? Fifteen bucks for free showers seems worth it. I'm sure everyone who sits near you will chip in.
I'd always heard that Alaskans are a very different culture. No bath for three days, having dogs that poop inside your house, going outside in freezing weather to use the toilet, and tossing babies into chandeliers... I had no idea it was THAT different. The more I learn about Alaska, the more I like the lower 48. With the possible exceptions of California and Florida.
HEY!!..I used to live in Planet Miami.(alot like Mos Eisely...or wherever in that 70's Starwars movie)..Now I'll agree on Cali 100%.And AK is really begining to look...interesting..to me.
Miami, Hialeah, Naranja, Coral Gables, North Beach ... Los Angeles, San Luis Obispo, San Francisco, Santa Clara... you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. You must be cautious... Fairbanks, Skagway, Homer... hmmmm
Incidentally Your costume that night ROCKED!!!!
Post a Comment