Monday, April 7, 2008

Dog poop sucks

Well, now that I've successfully offended half the people who reads my blog, I think I can rest my case that everything I say about religion comes out wrong. It's like my brain says, "Religion topic engaged. Vocabulary, syntax, grammar, organized ideas, et cetera shutting down." I wasn't trying to be insulting. I wasn't even trying to make sense. I was ranting. I do that. And I close a lot of posts with "I'm sure you're all going to say..." remember? I semi-regularly close posts with that in the hopes that people will be inclined to comment, usually something starting with "No, actually, I was going to say..."

That said, I'm going to try to avoid any and all religious discussions I can from now on.

Work was fun today. Apparently, there's some big wigs coming today, so Rye and I spent pretty much all morning checking rooms to make sure they were super clean. In fact, we spent so much time checking rooms and doing various other stuff like cleaning Seabolt Hall and vacuuming Jewel's office that by the time we "finished" at 12:30, Rye had completely forgotten that we had any rooms to clean. I bugged him about it and we ended up flipping a coin to see if we would clean the rooms today or let them sit dirty for the night and clean them tomorrow. (We weren't expecting any arrivals tonight, and even if people show up, there's plenty of empty rooms for them.) The coin was tails, so we stayed and cleaned the two rooms.

When we were cleaning the office bathrooms, I noticed the soap was running low. I took the container to the back office to refill it. Well, sometimes, when the soap jug is low and you try to refill soap containers, it drips funny and flings soap droplets out in weird directions. I swear it aims, though... It flung two drips at me: One hit my pants such that if I tried to wash it off, it would look very much like I wet myself... and the other went right down my sleeve, soaping my watch completely and the inside of my sleeve halfway to my elbow. Rawr!

Man, I had the weirdest dream ever last night... I had to save the dolphins, so I swam out to this part of the ocean and did something and then there was an earthquake and the water got sucked down through the ground. I woke up on the bad guy's ship and it turned out he had saved me because I was suffocating because of the air pressure from the water suddenly all moving at once. Except my belly button was bleeding profusely. So I asked, "Why is my belly button bleeding?" and he said, "Because we had to let the lemonade out. Duh." "Oh yeah, okay, that makes sense." and... Oh yeah, this big ship, it was practically a space ship. Not a tiny space shuttle, but like a big ship with an air conditioned cabin and tiled floor and bunks and rounded walls and huge windows and stuff. Anyway, we got off the ship and jumped into the water right outside the door, where I had caused the earthquake, and there was like a foot of water left. And some seaweed. And then my old roommate Brittney was there and I remember talking to her. I can't really remember what happened next, but it was super weird.

Anyway, that's all for now. Toodles! :P

2 comments:

dubby said...

well, I love you

so THERE!

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I notice that a warm scarf (hint: forest green and black...) is still on your wish list. Did you get the package your mom sent?