Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Whyyyy?

The world hates me....

I scraped the bottom of my car on a bad icy road yesterday. Now it's really really loud and there's exhaust pouring out from under the car. And by "really really loud," I mean it's so loud I can't even hear the radio. The engine freaking roars. I think I broke the exhaust pipe or something like that. Tracy said it looks like something the guys in the boat shop "should" be able to fix. So I asked Monty for help and he said he'll take a look at it after work tomorrow. I really hope I didn't break the pipe so bad I have to buy a new part to fix it, because car parts are expensive and painful to fix.

Then I went to pay my Sprint bill. Apparently, they decided to start charging me roaming minutes out of the blue a month or so ago, despite the fact that I've had free roaming with my phone plan since I got the stupid thing. So now I have a $1,032 phone bill. Not fair! So I called the Sprint company and talked with a lady who mumbled everything and got really mad when I had to ask her to repeat everything she said two or three times. She put in a request for me and apparently I'm supposed to get a phone call "sometime in the next ten days and if it doesn't come then you'll have to call back again." This doesn't sound promising or helpful. Stupid phone company! Grrrrrrr. Also, apparently for my $35.00 phone plan, I have to pay $30.00 worth of taxes and surcharges, starting two months ago. What the frikkity? Did the government really raise phone taxes that much? I think I'm getting screwed. Bad.

.....On the plus side, work was fun. Free food, too. Really good food. So much of it that I don't think I'll be hungry for a week. I ate two hot dogs, macaroni salad, a hamburger so big I couldn't fit it in my mouth, and two Mountain Dews. Reeeeally good stuff, man. The food was because Toby and Aaron got awards for taking the R&R soldiers out snowmobiling all winter.

I also learned how to swing my hips, and I learned the difference between hip swinging and hip thrusts. Watching Rye do hip thrusts is really really really scary-creepy.

And that's all. Toodles!

2 comments:

Queen Karana said...

Good luck with the phone bill. That certainly isn't a fun situation to be in. As far as the taxes and surcharges go, it does seem to be a bit on the high side, but we get charged a ridiculous amount too. But not that much.

However, considering that your bill for this month is over $1K, the taxes would be a lot higher. If you haven't done so already, look at one of your older bills where you were only charged the $35 and see what the taxes and surcharges were for that month. The surcharges (unless they are percentage based) will likely be the same, but the taxes should be VERY different.

Or don't do it at all. I don't really expect you to follow any suggestions I might offer. Only if you think there is any value in them.

Good luck! The one thing I can offer you is sympathy. Big bills are NO good for anyone.

Terrace said...

i hate.. sprint... you'll learn to hate them too lol



hope you get that taken care of!