Friday, August 22, 2008

A-haha!

Okay, I know I already updated today, but I gotta write this....

I got the box the King and Queen sent me today, which contained some of the books I need for school (Latin books, dictionary, editing style guides, that kind of thing), my blankets, and my trumpet. (Incidentally, now that my blankets are here, I feel so much more at home than I ever did before. I guess home is where your blanky is.)

So I was looking through my old papers and found the final exam for my English Usage class. Best essay I ever wrote. I went off topic every paragraph and rambled about things like platypi and lightning bolts and my dad in a thong. But I got all the information in there, and I knew what I was talking about, and not only did I get 100%, but my teacher actually thanked me personally for writing her an essay that was fun to read.

Anyway, the reason I felt it absolutely necessary to write again was because I just flipped open my Latin book to a random page to study. My Latin is... very well-used, let's say. I got the hard cover taken off and spiral binding and soft green leather covers put on. The green covers have torn off from over-use, but the pages are still intact. I wrote almost all of my Latin notes inside the book--the important stuff is in the cover, and other notes are in their respective chapters. Very few pages in the book actually HAVEN'T been written on. I also had a tendency to doodle. So. I picked up the Latin book, flipped to a random page, and there, in the right-hand margin, were three drawings. The first drawing was a smiling stick figure, with an arrow pointing to it, and a label that said, "Student." The next drawing was a stick figure with fangs, wielding an enormous chainsaw. The label said, "Student on finals." The last one was a stick figure hanging from the gallows, clearly dead. The label said, "Student after finals."

I laughed so hard it hurt.

No comments: