Here's a typical conversation between me and a guest.
Me:
Man in pajamas:
Me: Oh. Good morning. This is housekeeping. Is there anything we can get you today?
Man in pajamas: Yeah, yeah, come on in.
Me:
Man in pajamas: Well, can you come back later?
Me:
Man in pajamas: Well, we're not ready yet. Come back in an hour.
Sigh. Now here's the same conversation if, say, Beth was the one knocking.
Beth:
Man in pajamas:
Beth: Good morning, housekeeping. Is there anything we can get you today? Towels, coffee, take your garbage out?
Man in pajamas: Yeah, sure, come on in and do your thing.
Beth: I'm sorry sir, but technically, we're not supposed to come in if there's guests in the room. Is there anything we can give you through the door?
Man in pajamas: Uh... one sec.
Beth: Okay, have a nice day, sir.
Man in pajamas: Uh-huh, you too. Thanks for coming by.
How does she do it? I don't understand!!! I guess it's her obvious lack of ellipses and my terrible overuse of them. It's not my fault I'm unsure of myself and terrible at communicating with people in general! Well, okay, maybe a little bit... but still! I'm just a kid! It's to be expected that I'll be nervous about talking to generals in their pajamas!
Anyway, despite my loathing for knocking on doors, I have to do it almost every day because I'm nominally "in charge," mostly because I've been working here longer than Emmelie, Zac, Steven, or Lita. There have been a few times in the past when I've said "You know what? I'm sick of knocking. I'm not knocking today." And everyone else said, "Well, I'm not going to knock," and then everyone just kind of stood around doing nothing until I finally gave in and knocked anyway. I take that back. One day, Steven knocked instead.
Anyway, the whole point of this rant is to celebrate because today, I didn't have to knock! That's like the first time in ages that I haven't had to. Second time all summer, I think, that I've done in-house and haven't had to knock. So it was a wonderful day!
I nicked some songs from my sister's computer and found this one. I really like it a lot. Simple Plan's songs are pretty good, I think. They're upbeat and fun, and the lyrics amuse me. Like this one, and God Must Hate Me, which is about a kid who messes up a lot and says it's because God hates him. Like, he borrowed his dad's car without permission and crashed it. And he didn't study for a test. "God must hate me, he cursed me for eternity." Yeah, sure. I hope the singer's being satirical, although it'd be even funnier if he were trying to be serious.
Anyway, there's the song. Five points if you know the name of the anime they took pictures from (without cheating), ten points if you know the main character's name, and twenty if you've actually watched the anime.
6 comments:
Nope, nope, and never seen it. Sorry.
Maybe it's the smile. They say people can see you smile even over the phone. Or does she just have really nice, um, earrings? That might have something to do with it.
Sorry you feel bad sometimes. Are you eating enough vegetables? This is a great time of year for fresh squash, peas, carrots, beans, corn, and lots of other good stuff. (They have that stuff in Alaska... I know they do. I saw it in the grocery store!) Fresh veggies are good for feeling bad. Vitamin deficiencies can be fatal. Snickers isn't as good as an ear of corn and a fresh tomato with mayonnaise.
Why didn't you knock on doors?
Trigun?
[I only looked at the first picture]
Haha. I used to love this song when I was really upset/bored/sad/etc. But then one night I was in a really really good mood and I turned on my music and this one played and I was like, "No! This is a sad song! I don't wanna listen to this!" Funny.. I have to be in the right mood to enjoy it anymore. Lol.
Your daddy loves you.
Post a Comment