Since neither Casey nor Rob are going to be at juggling practice this evening, I tried to beg some friends from my German class to go. I've begged most of them before, but this time, I begged them to go just this once. Quinby and Corey both said they would show up, but almost everyone else said flatly, "No." And when they did, would you believe, Quinby LAUGHED at me!
"When people turn you down for juggling, you look so downtrodden!" he said. "You have, like, the perfect sad face."
I take that as a compliment. Mwaha!
Rye actually sent me an IM today! He just wanted to know if I've decided what I'm doing this summer yet. So I went ahead and decided to go back to Seward again this summer, even though I seriously wasn't planning on going back. I admit, I kind of miss my little housekeeping family, even though they did annoy me sometimes. But after THIS summer, I'm totally not going back!
....Yeah, right. I love Seward.
Oh yeah, he also linked me to the game www.playauditorium.com. It's super-cool! The goal is to use the little circles to bend the light beams so they shoot through the sound boxes to make a melody. It's a puzzle game. Yay, puzzles! :D
Casey taught me the Georgian Shuffle at juggling on Wednesday. It was awesome, because I actually learned it in half an hour! Yay for learning something quickly!!! Usually, it takes me FOREVER to learn new tricks! I think my muscle memory or coordination or precision or something isn't quite up to par. Also, the trick looks really cool! Completely different pattern from most of the three-ball tricks I know other than maybe Factory and that one that I don't even know the name of.
Then, while we were juggling, he took off his ring and handed it to me and said, "Here, check this out." So I looked at it and he went back to juggling. It was a huge silver ring, big enough to cover the space between the two knuckles without actually hindering your hand movement at all, and it had a neat copper design in it. So I looked at it, and then just held it for a minute, feeling kind of silly, but wondering why Casey wanted me to hold his ring for him. Turns out he wanted to show me because he made the ring himself. Something to do with melting copper and silver together or using lots of pressure or something--I admit, I didn't really follow most of his explanation. He said he could make me one, "maybe a little daintier than this one." Scrounging up a little money for it may be tricky, but it would totally be worth it just to be able to say, "Hey, check out my ring. A BOY made it for me!" Not to mention I could probably talk him into letting me watch/help. Who knows? I might even learn something!
Today's post has been brought to you by the word lexiphanic.
1 comment:
Oh, boy! A ring! Um, wow? But Seward? Sigh.
Post a Comment