Oh yeah, Quinby also loaned me two Winnie the Pooh books... in German! I'm almost finished with "Der Piratenschatz." It's really fun reading kids books in foreign languages. And he loaned me the Black Cauldron series by Lloyd Alexander, which I've been wanting to read, but I only have two of the books and the library doesn't have the others.
In Hist of Eng Lang today, I was reading an excerpt from Chaucer out loud and the teacher complimented my pronunciation and said, "You've been practicing, haven't you?" :D Yay. I sort of wanted to say that I hadn't and it's a natural talent, but the truth is, I've been practicing a LOT.
I'm starting to work out housing arrangements for next school year. With luck, I can have it all worked out within a few weeks, preferably in a way that will cost me less than $600 a month for a room. I know a person who needs a roommate in a dry cabin off-campus (which would mean I could probably get that dog I've been wanting forever), but it's like seven miles out, which is kind of a long way. On the other hand, less than $300 a month for rent, plus I'd have a cool roommate. But on the other hand, no running water. But on the other hand...
Blah.
Hmmm what else? Oh yeah. My green dye faded enough that it was starting to look bad, so I decided to dye my hair purple. But when I went to the store today, they were out, so I had to settle with greenish-blue. But after I bleached my hair, I thought the light blond looked cool enough to warrant leaving it like this for a few days before dying it.

I finally got around to giving Casey my ring size so he can make me a ring. I'm pretty excited about it, but at the same time a little bit sad, because apparently I'm not allowed in the lab where he's going to make it. :( Oh well. You win some, you lose some, and I still think I won this one. My friends are awesome! :D
I spent a long time talking with my friend Michael in Utah today. It's really nice having old friends who actually keep in touch. It's weird which ones do, too. Michael and I worked custodial together, and we had a lot of fun doing it, but we never really hung out outside of class or anything. Now we talk pretty frequently, and I'm starting to regret the fact that I never got to date him before I left Utah. Katy, Tom, and Rusty and I, on the other hand, were more or less inseparable right up until Rusty left for his mission and I moved to Alaska. Since then, I got a phone call when their (Katy and Tom's) first son was born, only found out about their second child being born because of Facebook, and I call them up on holidays, but they can never talk long. I got two letters from Rusty while he was on his mission, and had a brief conversation with him over IM when he got back, and that's all. Friends are strange things.
It's been really warm lately. I confess, I didn't even let my car warm up for ten minutes before I drove it today, and after I got back, I didn't plug it in. In fact, yesterday, I think it was above freezing! Won't be too long before I start complaining about how hot it is! ...Actually, my room gets pretty hot no matter what the temperature outside. The sun shines right in my window all day, and my room heats up like a furnace. In the afternoons, when I want to use the computer, I have to hang a bedsheet over the windows (we have no curtains) or the glare on my computer screen is so bad I can't see it.
Hmmm... that's all for now, I guess. I should either finish my history homework or get some sleep. Toodles! This post has been brought to you by the word subsequently.
7 comments:
I have short light hair and dark eyebrows. You have short light hair and dark eyebrows...
WE'RE TWINS!!!! XD
*LOVE* the Black Cauldron series. :D
fluffy hair! fluffy hair! :D
Hey Buddy!
Wow! Okay now I get the green hair thing...hmmm. Have never really pictured you having that short of haor or being blond, but hey. You live once right? :) Good lukc with the finding of cheap rent places though...be super careful about that okay? Lots of loosers and creeps living out in cheap cabin places with no running water... Heading back to work in a week. Yeah! Work! later- grease monkey
Hey, LintMonkey - Have you ever noticed all the other females you know, and observed their hair length?
Mostly, the young ones have long hair
and the older ones have short hair.
The older they get, the shorter the
hair - most of them at least. If you
want to appear young, run with the older crowd!
Astrogator? I used to be an astrogator. Officially. Honest, no joke, just ask my dad.
Anyway, I'm glad you're happy. That's what counts most. But remember that hair is like a computer game. Playing with it can be fun and entertaining, but doing it too much for too long can be harmful in the long run. In the short term, however, enjoy it and have fun. Your daddy still loves you.
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I just caught myself blushing...
Post a Comment