Today wasn't much better. It was about zero when I checked the weather this morning, so I put on my heavy coat, but I was running late leaving and decided to run off without gloves because I figured I'd be fine as long as I kept my hands in my pockets. And I was. But I checked my mail while I was on campus and I had a package that was too big to put in my backpack and my poor little hands froze purple. :(
But the sun was out. So I opened my blinds and sat in the sun to do my homework and it got too warm and I nodded off, of course, and when I woke up, it felt like it was 85 in my room! Sheesh! My window is now wiiiiide open and it's STILL burning up in here.
Sooo I wonder if the reason I've been so easily frustrated lately is due to lack of chocolate. I got a bag of M&Ms last time I was at Wal-Mart, and when I put the first one in my mouth, I just about spazzed out. When I thought about it, I realized I couldn't even remember the last time I'd had chocolate.
Of course, now it's so hot that the M&Ms, which are sitting on my desk but out of the direct sunlight, are basically melted. The candy coating is still hard, but when I bite into it, the inside is gooey.
Dang it! I hate the sun! What do I have to do to get away from it???
:D On a positive note, I had fun in German class today with Sacha and Quinby. I really missed my friends over spring break. We didn't play a game or do fun projects like we usually do, but still, there were actually people to talk to! Yay! And then after class, I walked home with Quinby, which meant I got to talk to people even longer! It's amazing how he knows like everyone on campus--he said hi to like twenty people in the ten-minute walk home. I used to be like that at BYU, but that's different because a) they all went to my church, and b) I was a senior, and he's only a sophomore.
I meant to clean my room all break but never got around to it. I finally did today. At last. Now that break is over. Ha. Now I'm not sure if it's the clean room that's making it easier to concentrate or, well, the fact that break is over. I'm still not all caught up, but it's easier to concentrate. Now if I can just get around to doing my laundry....
We're doing a juggling show this weekend. I'm super excited! Well, okay, I'm super nervous. But I'm also excited! I don't think it's going to be a formal show so much as just showing up and juggling in a corner so people can watch when they get bored. Which reminds me: Chris, the photo editor, gave me the pictures the photographer took of the juggling club.

Towards the beginning of the year, with particularly bad articles and some people who rubbed me the wrong way and very frustrating typos getting left in the paper when it was published, I seriously thought about quitting my job. Now, I'm really glad I didn't, because I actually enjoy work, and I would call all the main editors (Molly, Chris, Adam, and Kortnie) my friends. I've started introducing myself to the reporters and photographers before and after the staff meetings on Sundays too, partly to get an idea of the people and personalities behind the articles I edit, and also just... well, just because. I would really like to write the girl who writes the articles that take me the longest to edit, not so I can tell her she's a horrible writer, but because despite the fact that her articles are very time-consuming to edit, I've found a happy, care-free style in her writing. She always has something positive to say, and overall, she seems like she would be a very nice person.
Where was I going with this? Hmmm. Oh yeah! So work was fun yesterday, despite the fact that Chris didn't get in until I was on my way out. In fact, Kortnie left to go to the hockey game, so for a while, it was just Molly and me. At one point, she went to the break room to get more tea, and as she left, I called, "Have fun! Don't get lost!" She promised not to... and a few minutes later, I heard the sound of frantic knocking and Molly calling my name. Turns out she locked herself in the break room. It was AWESOME! When I opened the door, she gave me a sheepish look and said, "Well... at least I didn't get lost..."
She's cute. And she's only 19, so I'm actually not the youngest person on the staff! Actually, my boss is only a year older than I am. That's so weird!
And NOW I'm procrastinating my homework, so I guess I'll get back to that. This post has been brought to you by the word ornithorhynchus.
No comments:
Post a Comment