Saturday, March 7, 2009

Nothosonomia

I have my music set to play on random and now I wonder why the heck I have all this Johnny Cash music, because I've decided I definitely don't like Johnny Cash. Well, I mean, I have nothing against him as a person, but his isn't the kind of music I particularly enjoy listening to. Oh well, files removed, it's all good.

It's snowed a lot here lately. While I love snow, it's made the trek to school all the more laborious. Well, at least it's been warm lately.

My hair is now at that annoying length where it's too short to put in a decent ponytail, but long enough to get on my neck and be annoying. Rawr! I can spend fifteen bucks on a haircut or just let it grow, and for now, I'm letting it grow. I confess I miss my ponytail a little bit.

So now it's spring break, and I don't have classes all next week! Yay! :D Good time to catch up on the homework I've been falling behind with. Sigh.

I've brought the unicycle to juggling practice every day since I got the tire pumped up, but for some reason, nobody seems to want to ride it for long. It's probably a result of watching me crash off it repeatedly. I usually roll the way I learned how in karate, but sometimes my falls aren't so graceful and I just kind of plop. So I have a lot of pretty bruises, but unfortunately, the nicest ones are on my bum where nobody can see them.

The Wood Center is going to be closing at 5:30 all next week, since it's break, so Casey told me to call him up if I get bored and feel like juggling with him. I told Quinby I'd call him too, and as we walked home, I offered to let him borrow a set of balls he could practice with. So he followed me home to get the balls, and when he saw my piano and my collection of fantasy books, he stayed for almost two hours. It's so much fun finding similar interests with your friends. :D I showed him my favorite book (Elantris, Brandon Sanderson), and he's the first person ever who opened the book at my suggestion, read the first sentence, and then looked at me with wide eyes and begged permission to borrow it.

I'm really glad for this break... I kind of need it, I think. I've been getting really discouraged with school. It seems like life in general is doing everything it can to make sure I don't succeed. First they put off my graduation a minimum of two semesters... and then on top of that, every internship I've ever applied for leaves me hanging, not knowing whether they'll accept me or not. I don't even know what I'm for sure planning on doing with this degree. It's very frustrating.

Meh.

If you can be happy despite what life does to make you miserable, then you win.

I tried a new cooking experiment: spinach and kielbasa with cream. (The kielbasa was on a really nice sale.) Wish I'd had some cheese to put in it, but I didn't. It was all right. Next time, I won't bother with the kielbasa. I've decided I'm not a huge fan of it. Weird how your tastebuds change--I used to love kielbasa and hate mushrooms, and now it's the other way around. Next time, I think I'll try just frying mushrooms and spinach. I think I'll start leaving garlic out when I make spinach, too, because I think I'm beginning to lose my taste for it as well. Ooooh, maybe I should fry up salmon with the spinach and mushrooms. And add cream afterwards, maybe? Snap, that sounds pretty good!

You know what else would be really good? A roast beef sandwich from Arby's. With Arby's sauce, of course. I've been wanting one for ages, but the nearest Arby's is in Wasilla, which is FOREVER away! Woe. I mean, seriously, they taste like cardboard, and if you get one with cheese, it's like a cross between melted plastic and bile, but for some reason, I love them.

Oh well. You can't have everything, I suppose. Someday, I hope I live within two or three hours of Anchorage, but not close enough to the city itself to get the light pollution. Well, now that I know where I want to live, all I have to do is find a job there, and I'm set, right? Oh yeah, and a place to live that will allow pets, because I'm seriously going to get a dog. And cats. I think one dog and two cats sounds about good.

Aaaand that's all for now. This post has been brought to you by the word nothosonomia, which I'm not going to define for you. :P

1 comment:

dubby said...

So fine! Make me doddle to find the definition!

Nothosonomia: the act of calling someone a bastard.