Monday, September 14, 2009

Dr Seuss

Casey has this book called "The Art of Living." Any time someone's annoyed or stressed or frustrated or sad, he pulls it out and makes them flip to a random page and read it. The funny thing is, most of the time, the page you flip to is immediately relevant to what you're upset about.

I was looking through some Dr. Seuss quotes. I love Dr. Seuss. Someday when I'm rich, I'm going to collect everything he's ever written. For now, I'm going to settle with compiling a few of his better quotes here.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose."

"From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere."

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Dr. Seuss was one of my favorites. Yep, he was a smart educator.