It's fun having all my siblings here. We spent hours this morning telling "Hey remember that time when..." stories (except ours were cool because they usually involved either something getting broken, someone getting hurt, someone getting away with something stupid, or someone making Dianna take the blame for something we did). We were all laughing so hard that Dad told us to stop being so loud many times.
We don't really get to spend all that much time with the grandparents because they apparently tire out easily, and it seems like it takes only two or three hours before we've "overstayed our welcome." It's nice to see them anyway, though, especially now that we're old enough to join in the conversations they have. It's a little alarming, though, to see Grandpa take four steps and start wheezing like he's just run a marathon. It makes me feel bad, because I want to help, but I don't think there's anything I can do.

Today was the only full day that we had the whole family together, so of course, Dad insisted on pictures (although everyone else did too, so for once we didn't mind). But the parents decided my ripped Carhartt's and t-shirt weren't appropriate for the occasion, and I pretty much refused to wear a skirt (sorry, family), so Mom dragged me to Old Navy and insisted I get some "decent" clothing, which meant basically something I didn't get to pick out. For the record, almost every article of clothing in Old Navy (at least in the women's section) was made of material so ridiculously thin that it seemed like it would fall apart if you washed it. The shirt I ended up getting was so thin you could literally see through it, so it was mandatory to wear another shirt underneath it. Now what's the point of wearing a shirt if you just have to wear another underneath? There is none!
I guess it looked pretty good, though, even if the sleeves were a little poofier than I would like, and the only shirt I could find thick enough to wear underneath it was so ridiculously tight that I had to keep the outer shirt buttoned or show off my boobs or lack thereof. I really like the way the pants look, though. Wish the pockets were a little bigger, but hey, I'm not perfect either.
I was really good, though, and didn't complain about having to dress up all day. We took many nice pictures with various arrangements of kids and grandparents, kids and parents, kids and kids, and... well, you get the idea.

We were really good and did what we were told and smiled pretty.
And then we took a few pictures that showed what we're all REALLY like.
5 comments:
Hmm...notice in the free for all pic...your eyes are glowing red....and your the only one...interesting=P
For the record, I thought the material was a ridiculously thin gauze as well. No wonder so many people have clothes that weare out after a few washings. It was nuts! But you did look good. Thank you. - mom
Hey! Sorry for the long silence,i actually haven't fallen off the face of the earth,or any mountains either...So updates..been a bit busy trying to figure out work stress and life stresses. But so far I am still employeed on the slope, at least until March then off for a 7 weeks then on to summer work, of which or where I won't know until then. But I get to take a three week electrical classin November so I'm pretty excited about that one. Well hope to chat with you later sometime! Have fun down south and stay cool!
- grease monkey:)
Surprisingly, you look nice...almost like a real girl!
Oh, by the way, "humider" isn't a word!
What, just because it's not in the dictionary? I said it, you understood it, so it is too a word! :P
Post a Comment