I'm sore all over from canoeing/kayaking for like six hours yesterday. It was unquestionably the awesomest Labor Day ever! We had a barbecue, played Epic Frisbee (the Ultimate Frisbee in canoes game) for hours, played Badminton, played more Epic Frisbee, and then, when everyone was too tired to even paddle calmly across the lake anymore, we went inside and role-played until eleven. It was way fun!
Today, my arms and legs and butt all ached, and sitting in class for nine hours was pretty close to torture. I successfully failed my first quiz of the semester, too. Yay. (By "failed," I'm talking like 20%. Stupid ADHD... I did the readings, twice! I just didn't assimilate them as well as I should have.) Didn't have time to eat during my lunch hour because I was doing club stuff. Turns out not only have I been given command of a club with only two members, but the club also has a few hundred dollars in debt. But I WILL get this club back on its feet!
I started falling asleep in my third class. After class ended, I approached the teacher and asked if he would mind if I got up halfway through the class period to stretch for a minute, and he said, "Actually, that's a wonderful idea! I'm going to start doing that in all my classes, having everyone get up and stretch! That's great!" So that should help. I was falling asleep for most of my Shakespeare class too, until I finally got up for a drink of water. But the water fountain was broken, so I went to the soda machine and got a Coke instead, which helped a lot.
But I was in kind of a bleh mood when I came home. I wanted to just go to sleep and not have to think about anything for a while, but Casey wouldn't let me because he said it would throw off my sleep schedule. So he grabbed two of his eight guns and took me out shooting instead. We used a 9mm carbine rifle and .40-caliber Smith & Wesson handgun. Before we had actually fired off a shot, I heard a rustling in the trees. Seeing my nervous look, Casey said, "It doesn't matter if we get charged by a moose or a bear, Cat. We have big guns."
"Oh yeah!" So I edged over to the trees and looked around for the source of the noise. It didn't take long to spot it. "Oh, it's just a squirrel," I said.
"Where?" Casey asked.
I pointed at it without thinking, and the next thing I knew, Casey had the rifle up, and BLAM!!! The squirrel was skittering all around the ground, and I thought, 'Geez! Glad he missed! Poor squirrel!' Then I realized it wasn't running away... it was flailing around! He'd hit it--sent the bullet right through its middle, and its stomach was protruding from its back! I forgot, Casey's an Alaskan boy. He doesn't miss. I just about cried, but at the same time, I was struck by this morbid fascination.
It was very soft. I made a bunch of bad jokes about chopping off its head and sending it to my sister just to freak her out. In fact, I chopped off its tail so I could cure it and put it on a keychain. I kind of feel like a monster.
10 comments:
:(
:(
Squirrel's good eatin'.
He should have shot it in the head so he could eat it all up! If you destroy the meat, then you're wasting the kill. :\
Anyway. Glad you're having fun! :)
FYI: My capcha is "sureco"
Regarding your quiz score: I guess I could say, "I told you so." But I won't. I'll just say that it is getting easier and easier to tell the future.
I wish your Mom would let me knock off some of those blankety-blank rabbits and groundhogs in our back yard. Oh, and the perpetually-upchuckin' cat, too.
You to part in the killing of a squirrel? Who are you and what have you done to Catherine?
Your skinning skill is too low. It needs to be at least 75 for Alaskan squirrels.
It sounds like your dad haves major control issues. I am not sure why he feels the need to belittle others, and to diminish and depress his own daughter, I hope he learns what is appropriate interaction and communication as a father, as well as an adult.
"Regarding your quiz score: I guess I could say, "I told you so." But I won't. I'll just say that it is getting easier and easier to tell the future."
^^......l-o-l....nothing like random anonomous comments from the peanut gallery.
Post a Comment