It snowed again today. Of course. I've discovered snow isn't nearly as much fun without somebody to play in it with you. Snowballs fights are awesome. Throwing somebody face first into a big pile of snow is the funniest thing ever. But sculpting snow by yourself is just... bleh. People occasionally come along and say "So, whatcha doing?" and I'll say "Oh, I'm making
So after spending a long time pretending to try to take a nap and actually just daydreaming and wondering what I'll do after this next summer, I finally got around to looking up information about Avtec. As it turns out, tuition isn't nearly as expensive as I had thought it was (try a fraction of what I'd thought it was), and I very well may be able to go there this fall. The construction program starts in late August and lasts ten months. 8:30-4:30 Monday through Friday. With luck, I might be able to talk Jewel into letting me do night security at the resort next year, so I can continue to live here. (This was my daydreaming. It may be unrealistic, but it's a happy thought.) And with a LOT of luck, I may be able to get a full scholarship. Someone told me they might because I'd be a girl in a construction program, which makes me a minority. Or a novelty. Or something.
I need to finish my book. It's about vampires. And flamethrowers. And paintball guns that shoot holy water. And when I call it "my" book, I mean it's really Rye's. My goal is to read through his entire library by the time the summer season starts again. I think I'm making good progress, considering...
And dang it, Brian needs to finish the Dragon Bone Chair series. I hear it's outstanding, and it's four 1200-page books long, and Brian's on about page 300 of the first one. And he's had it since early September, I believe. At that rate, I'll finish Rye's library, and my library, and every book in the community library before Brian finishes those four books! (Our dinky little community library doesn't seem to have grown any since last year. The whole library still has like three bookshelves.)
That being said, I'm going to go to bed before I pass out on my keyboard. (And watch, an hour from now I'll be back up because I still won't be able to sleep.) And by the way, in case you were wondering, which of course you were... in the fight that is pirates vs ninjas, I side with the ninja. Ninja = full of awesome. Pirates = suck. 'Nuff said. (Though a pirate accent is, admittedly, more fun to imitate than a ninja accent, since ninjas have to take a vow of silence or run themselves through with a katana.) Oh, yeah, and Naruto ninjas != ninjas. Ninjas = awesome. Naruto ninjas = over-powered children. Nothing against Naruto, I mean. It's a great show. But it's a different kind of ninja. Just like Santa Claus elves != Tolkien elves.
That's all. Really.
1 comment:
You're learning to play the piano?!? What was all that money on lessons for?
Post a Comment