It's really frustrating trying to write a song when it never sounds like you want it to sound. "Play a sunset," Allen told me forever ago. And it never sounds like a sunset. Occasionally, I'll come up with something that sounds pretty... but it's not a sunset, so I never bother developing it or writing it down. I spent a while trying today, with the help of my friend Gohrlach. Gohr's a frikkin' amazing musician. No I don't think he's German. But he can turn into a tree, sometimes. If he's wearing the right dress.
Anyway, I still haven't come up with a sunset. Gohr tried to help by writing a song called As Twilight Falls, which he uploaded to his Soundclick page. He wrote it in like half an hour. I'm jealous. And impressed. And amazed. And WOW I wish I were half the musician he is.
But jealousy gets you nowhere, so meh. I suppose I can do like the ancient people: kill him and eat his brain, and then I'll get his knowledge. But that wouldn't be very nice of me, would it? Okay, okay, I'll put the knife away.
Speaking of knives, which of course we were, I sliced my thumb open. Again. I'm so bad at this whole whittling thing. I think my knife needs to be sharpened. Yeah, that's it.
Oh oh oh oh oh!!! I got groceries today!!! That's exciting! I haven't had real groceries in... in... maybe I shouldn't be admitting this to my mother...
So! Update on picture status! I have definitely (not) gone outside and taken boatloads of pictures of all the snow. And the snow cat I sculpted at the base of my porch. I strategically positioned it in such a way that the snow falling off the roof would bury it so no one could see it. Unfortunately, NOW the snow doesn't seem to want to fall off the roof anymore. Maybe I should go up there with a snow shovel and help it a little bit.
Beth loaned me some comics to read. They're very good--I've never read comics before (cartoon strips don't count). But there's one thing that slows me down to the point where I STILL haven't finished reading them. That is the tape. Each comic is in a little plastic sleeve to protect the pages from damage and stuff, and the plastic sleeve is taped shut. And I can't for the life of me loosen the tape without fighting with it. Especially if there are two pieces of tape, one on each side. Oh jeepers, I spent like ten minutes fighting to get one of those open. I'd carefully get the tape off the left side, then try to get the right side up, and the left side would fall back down and stick. So I'd have to go back and work on that and then the right side fell down and stuck again. Rawr!
I could continue to babble, but I think I'll resist. I have to--I mean, get to--work tomorrow. Morning. Meaning, I go in, wipe down a sink or two in the front office bathrooms, call up the one lady in the resort to ask if she wants in-house, pull the rags out of the dryer, and go home. Strenuous, I know. Maybe I should track down Jewel and ask if there's any chance I can work in grounds next summer. Play with lawn-mowers and buzz saws, instead of vacuum cleaners and toilet brushes. Who knows, maybe I'll even be a little healthier if I get more sun and exercise. I'm not unhealthy, but I'm in wimpy shape right now. And pale as a ghost.
Speaking of pale, ya know what's weird? I was playing in Photoshop the other day, morphing a picture of myself into a demon (it didn't turn out well, so I'm not uploading the picture), but I discovered something interesting. Apparently, my eyes are greenish-grey, not blue, like I'd always thought. I mean, I used the eyedrop tool to get my eye color, at one point, and instead of being a pale shade of blue, the HSB bar clearly indicated that it was a greyish shade of green. No matter which part of my iris I pulled the color from.
Anyway. Okay, I'm going for reals now. Toodles!
3 comments:
Maybe your eyes change colors like mine do. My eyes are bluish-greyish-green which means they are one or all or any mixture in between of those colors. Cool, eh?
Comics - get your hands on some wax paper. Once you get one side loosened, put a piece of wax paper between the sticky stuff and where it likes to restick -- then work on the other side. It's worth a shot...
Yes, your eyes do change colors depending on what you are wearing.
And you think I don't know that 95% of your grocery shopping is leftovers from fridges of people who have moved out?
Tape 1
Lint Monkey 0
Just fold the tape under the plastic so it sticks to the underside of the sleeve. I can alwasys re-tape it later.
For many years I thought my eyes were green. But apparently they are blue. I must be color blind.
I thought your eyes were blue too. Are you sure they just don't change with you mood?
Post a Comment