It felt ridiculously hot today. So I turned off the heat inside, opened the window, then went outside for a walk, thinking maybe fresh air and a breeze would cool me down. Well, no. The sun was shining, and any cool breezes were counterbalanced by that evil ball of fire we orbit. Rawr!
So, two hours later, I came back, and I'd swear, my room was still ten degrees warmer than the air outside. Boo.
A-ha! thought I, I'll just go get a cold drink and maybe ice cream from Safeway. Theoretically, eating very cold things is the fastest way to cool down. Right? Of course right. So I went outside to my car and SURPRISE!!! it was like sitting in an oven!
I loathe heat.... I appreciate the fact that the sun is our ultimate source of energy and powers our very existence and without it, all life would terminate... but does it just have to be so darn hot and bright? Seriously....
Stupid 65 degree weather.
5 comments:
haha yeah sun, sheesh! you are too hot! l2becooler
It was 99 yesterday at 7 pm here in Visalia, and it's supposed to be 100 up in the mountains where I'm planning to go hiking today. Needless to say, I'm packing a lot of water. I did swing for the $2 to buy one of those styrofoam coolers to hold my ice and Powerade (right, Tam-Tam?), so when I get back to the car, I can replenish the liquid that will have soaked my clothes.
Maybe you need to go back to your job in the 55 degree caves.
At first, I thought you were about to inform us of your latest crush. :)
I guess this means you're a hot chick, eh?
Post a Comment