Friday, August 22, 2008

Old

You ever have those days when you blow your nose and about eight ounces of soggy boogers come out? And it just keeps coming? Seriously, what a waste, though. I mean, think of all those poor people dying of thirst out in the desert. They could've drunk that and maybe lived for an extra few seconds.

...Ew.

I dropped Rye off at the airport yesterday. He's visiting his mom and will be gone for a whole week. A whole week! How are we supposed to function without Rye for a whole week? Seriously, mate, we're doomed!

So I dropped him off at the airport, turned around to go back to Wal-Mart to get socks, and immediately got very lost. I couldn't even backtrack because I ended up on one-way roads. A few minutes later, I was in the back of some obscure neighborhood and it was pouring rain hard enough to make me feel like I was in Virginia again (Yay, it rains for reals in Anchorage!!) and I no longer knew which direction was north or where I was in relation to the airport. Or anything else, really, except that house over there. I was in front of the house. Yeah. And that Doberman chasing the car. I was in front of him too.

I eventually figured out where I was, obviously. Well, not really, but I did find my way to a place where I did know where I was. And now I have new socks! :D I should probably get new shoes, too. My hiking boots are falling apart pretty bad. But I don't want to get new ones just yet because the old ones are still wearable. And they're only two years old! Two years and four months, to be more precise. That's not that old! In humans years, that's like... two years old! And in whale years, it's not even that!

2 comments:

Terrace said...

You need new shoes :P

Queen Karana said...

Um, if the shoes are falling apart, most people would say that they are not wearable. Or they would get new shoes and keep the old ones for a time when you are going to get really grungy and completely trash the shoes.

So... um, my advice (not that you want it) is to get some new boots. :) I know The King will agree with me on this one. LOL

BTW, thanks for the check. It arrived today (or maybe yesterday).