Saturday, August 9, 2008

What Storytellers Hate

Know what's the best way to absolutely infuriate a storyteller? Act like you're being a good listener till they get to the climax and then say, "What's the big deal?" I hate that!

I was telling Lita a story today and she totally ruined all of the drama of the moment by acting like "Big whoop. Why are you so special? What's the big deal? I don't see how that's any different from this." I was most disgruntled! So finally, after trying to explain just how my story was obviously far more dramatic than what she was attempting to compare it to, she finally said, "Okay, fine, whatever. You were scared. Then what?"

...That was it! That was the whole story! There isn't much more after that other than, "Well, I lived after all," which is already obvious. Geez! Some people have no sense of drama!

Incidentally, if I were a super powerful evil villain, one of my titles would be Destroyer of Souls. Doesn't that sound intimidating? It almost makes me want to put on a black cape and cackle maniacally.

Um... that's about it, really. The end.

3 comments:

dubby said...

You have lots of people that love your story telling ability. So what made you scared?

Terrace said...

I love your stories :D!

Guess she was in a crummy mood or something hm? lol

Dianna said...

Um... good story? :)