Monday, September 28, 2009

Back doctor

Today I went to the chiropractor for the first time in many years. He said that my lower back is more or less fine (a little surprisingly), although it needed a few minor adjustments. Normal wear and tear. One vertebra wasn't rotating properly or something, so he jerked it loose. My neck and shoulders, on the other hand, freaked him out. He said he hasn't seen anyone with muscles as tense as mine in anyone under the age of maybe 50 unless they'd been in a traffic accident or some other traumatic incident. Try as I might, I can't think of any specific trauma I've been through. I've just had really tense shoulders for very many years. Either I'm just naturally tense (and maybe a little paranoid), or I've completely blocked it from my memory. I'm inclined to believe I'm just tense. Or maybe it's from when I electrocuted myself. (Actually, probably not, because when I was 14 or so--years before I electrocuted myself--I remember a guy I used to dance with who told me I was so tense he felt like he was dancing with a wall.) Who knows. Either way, he says he can fix my headaches and help me loosen up my shoulders, so I'm pretty excited. I don't even know what it feels like to be able to relax those muscles.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor girl, I hope you feel better soon!

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

As you continue to get older...well, never mind, I won't say it.

dubby said...

Okay, he's getting better...

CaptainCaveMan said...

poor thing...just needs a good beating...(percussion massage)..or or maybe a nice session on a Dark Ages RACK!!...hmm...the posssibilities...

NOBODY Expects the Spanish Inquisition!!!!