Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Biology and stuff

One more biology lesson before I can take my first midterm. That was quick.... I kind of don't want to because even though I know the sooner I take it, the better I'll do because the information will be fresh in my mind... I don't want to make the trip to Anchorage to take it. It's been warming up just enough to melt a bit of snow and then freezing again, so the roads are covered in a several-inch-thick layer of smooth ice. Plus slush and water and... well, the roads are bad. And it's supposed to keep precipitating for the rest of the week, so they're not getting any better. I was kind of hoping I wouldn't be ready for the tests until March or even April. Oy....

Yes, it is four in the morning. I have a good excuse for being awake. ....Well, okay, no I don't, but SO?

I saw the movie The Reaping today. I can't say I was terribly impressed with it. Sure, the idea was great, and the explosions were cool, of course. But it left too much unexplained, and the cameramen had too much fun shaking the camera trying to make the watchers feel confused. That's a technique that works wonders in certain scenes... but it was waaaay overused in that movie. The main problem with it, though, was that it didn't explain the movie. The point of the movie was that the people thought God was sending the ten deadly plagues again to a town in Louisiana. They blamed it on a 12-year-old girl and called in this lady to prove whether it was true or false. Then they said the girl was Satan, and that actually God wasn't sending the plagues; Satan was using God's own techniques against him. So they were going to kill the girl, but she attacked them with locusts and killed most of them. Then the main character was going to kill the girl, but at the last minute, she realized the girl looked exactly like her dead daughter and decided the girl was innocent. Then the guy whose house she (main character) had been staying at came and turned out to be evil (of course), but he died anyway before he could do anything because he was a firstborn. Then the main character adopted the little girl and started driving home and the girl said the main character was pregnant with the bad guy's baby and the main character remembered a prophecy that basically said the baby would be a devil. The end. So was the little girl an angel, a devil, or an innocent bystander? Why were the plagues coming? What was the meaning of the symbol they made such a big deal about? What happened to the town? Did they learn their lesson? Just what WAS the lesson? Where did the locusts go? Why did the little girl act so weird? Why did the main character hallucinate every time she touched the girl?

No sense. But the explosions were cool anyway.

I should write a story. Just for kicks and giggles.

The end.

5 comments:

Terrace said...

a story about spleen bats? o_O

Anonymous said...

I think you looked too much into the movie Lint Monkey. I guess you should stop watching them with Rye. He's the same way.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Hmmm. Hmmmm. Might I suggest Ratatouille? Or perhaps Madagascar? or Over the Hedge?

dubby said...

Okay, I'll say it since no once else will. What a stupid movie!

Anonymous said...

I agree! Stupid movie!