I spent days on the last biology assignment because I couldn't get myself to focus. Eventually, I gave up trying to read the textbook and instead focused on the course discussion. Of course, I got bored of that halfway through too, so, since I had already spent three days on the lesson, I figured "Ah, to the moon with it," and went ahead and took the quiz to get it over with.
....Somehow, I managed to pull off 100%.
I... don't know.
Apparently, getting bored and giving up actually works in this class! Zoh my gosh.
Today was a fun day of work. For once, everyone started off the day in a good mood, and it made for a really funny day. Of course, everyone picked on me, so at one point, sometime before noon, I said "That's it, I'm not talking for the rest of the day!" I actually managed it, too, despite the fact that no one else here knows sign language, and when Rye stole my Leatherman and I tried to ask for it back, everyone gave me a hard time about... well... dirty things.... Because I kept pointing at the Leatherman pouch, which is on my belt, and Beth and Rye kept saying "Why are you pointing at your butt? Should we be worried? No, Rye can't help you with that," and "Rye, she keeps pointing at her pants and giving you this look like 'Oh, come on!' I think she's trying to tell you something."
I love my job. Just thought I'd mention that.
Oh, the other funny thing that lasted all... day... long.... When I first got in to work, I heard Beth hum a tune. It sounded vaguely familiar, but I couldn't quite place it, so I blew it off as some other anime I haven't seen and made my hot chocolate. Then, as we made our slippery way across the slushy ice to the grounds building, I found myself singing "Go go, Power Rangers!" Beth turned and gave me this look, and something clicked, and I said "Shut up. I hate you." And the song was stuck in my head ALL DAY LONG and Beth and Rye kept singing it over and over and over and over and ZOMG THEY MUST ALL DIE!!!!!! /fume
Well, okay, it was actually just plain funny. That's all.
3 comments:
Have enjoyed reading about your interesting life. Nicole
Power Rangers! That is TOO funny! I thought I taught you better music than that!
As for me, I prefer "I'm just a little black raincloud, hovering over the honey tree." But it is a bit less addictive.
I have to get my entertainment when I can.
Post a Comment