So far, this whole day has been just plain silly.
Theoretically, it was supposed to be a very short day of work. Only two rooms to clean. Only me and Tessie working. She and I work together well, I think. But despite having only two rooms to clean, we were here eight hours because the second room didn't check out until three o'clock. Checkout time is eleven. A little late. Punks.
So we did all the laundry there was, then we swept the laundry room, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned the other laundry room, emptied all the trashes, cleaned Seabolt Hall, wiped down all the windows in the office (including using a razor blade to scrape the tape off), cleaned out the van, and even cleaned out the laundry room fridge. We threw out no less than eight bottles of mustard, nine tubs of butter, four containers of Ranch dressing, and four jars of mayonnaise. Among other things, of course. It was silly.
And somehow or other, we ended up with five vacuum cleaners in the van. Count them: FIVE! I know one of them is the one we usually keep in there, and I put in the second one to take to grounds to get it fixed because it's screwed up. Come to think of it, I didn't drop it off because there was no one in grounds and I wasn't sure if it was something for grounds to fix or something for Rye to look at. So I'll probably get reprimanded for that tomorrow. But I swear, I have no idea why the other three are there!
Plus there are about five phone chargers sitting on Rye's desk now, next to a massive bag of other Lost and Found stuff. I'm tempted to ask if I can keep one of the hats so I can send it to my mom. She'd probably go nuts over it because it says US ARMY in big letters, and underneath, it says Fort Bliss. On the other hand, she might just be disgusted that I would send her a used baseball cap. So maybe I'll just write about it and then she can be excited without being disgusted. Aren't I clever.
Anyway, after we got off work and I drove Tessie home, I decided to spend a few minutes chillaxing because I was a little pooped. I couldn't sleep last night and was up until about 3:30. I wasn't too worried about it because today was going to be a "short day." Heh. Anywho, just as I was sitting down, the phone rang. It was Sue, from the front desk. Apparently, the boiler for the building I live in finally went kablooie, so now everyone in the building is being relocated. Not only does that mean I live out of my backpack for as long as it takes to get the building fixed... we also have to clean all the rooms in the 400s PLUS the rooms they got moved to because the heater broke. So tomorrow's guaranteed to be another long day. But at least we'll have stuff to do all day. Haha.
I am a bit concerned about leaving Maxxy here. I'm worried she'll get cold, but I don't know if she'd survive the trip to Pi Room, either. It's pretty darn cold outside, and Maxxy still looks a little sick to me. I guess I'll leave her here overnight and check on her tomorrow. If the room seems too cold, I'll box her up and move her to Pi Room soon as I can.
That's all for now. Man, and I was going to write a great post about spleen bats, too... =/ Oh well. You can look forward to it later. Toodles! :D
3 comments:
Your old man put a picture on his blog. Can you guess who it is without looking at the comments first? -- Let's talk sometime about this road trip you're thinking of taking in August... some friends of mine have actually taken that trip before, and had some real insight to share.
lol poor Maxxy, she will miss you :P
hehe well hope you get enough rest, you do work very hard. take care of yourself ^^
If you put Maxxy in the van she won't get as cold. Can't you borrow it to get her to her new home? How far is it from your old home?
Post a Comment