Friday, February 8, 2008

Popular

Work was fun today. And apparently, Fate decided to show me just how popular I am today.

I got to work, and first thing, Rye said, "Hey, Lint Monkey, we're going to Safeway after work. You're driving."

"Oh. Okay."

We went about our business, cleaned all our rooms, la-di-da, yippee-yay, et cetera, and towards the end of the day, Tessie said, "You give me ride home after work? My brudder Joey, he is gone to Phillippines."

"Sure, no problem," I said. I'm just nice like that.

So after work, I drove Tessie home, came back to camp, picked Rye up, and went to Safeway. While we were there, we rented a few movies, so when we got back, Rye and I watched Alien vs. Predator. Good movie. I enjoyed it. Not going to write a review of it just now, though, because that's digressing from the point of this post.

So I got back from watching the movie around 6:30. The moment I walked in the door, the room phone rang. I answered it, talked for a few minutes, and noticed there was a text message on my cell phone. The message said, essentially, "Hey this is Cliche. I was wondering if you'd be online anytime soon, because I'm close to getting my epic mount and was wondering if I could bum some gold off of you." (That was entirely fair, because I'd already promised him the gold. He's no beggar.) So I logged on WoW and realized I hadn't told Cliche I was quitting, or even said good-bye to him. Sad day! He's one of my best friends on WoW, after all. So I hung up the phone so I could talk to Cliche. While I did, I got a message from Torkel, another friend on WoW. Talked to him and Cliche at the same time. Then the phone rang again. Answered that, said "Sorry, can't talk just now," and came back. Then I got another message from Gohr, begging me to help run his alt through a high-ish level instance. While that happened, my cell phone rang again. It was my sister, so I decided I'd call her back and hung up. Then Brian logged on and babbled about this new game he's playing called Warhammer. He left abruptly, too, so I never got the chance to tell him I'm quitting WoW. Just as well, I guess. Then the room phone rang and it was the front desk saying there was food. But I'd already eaten and I was in the instance, holding up the party, so I let it pass. Came back to the computer and ten minutes later, my sister called again. I answered this time, talked to her for a bit, and then my brother logged onto WoW.

And I just wanted to read my book this evening!!!

It's either a sign that I'm too popular, or it's a sign that I will never be allowed to finish this book. Last night, I got to the same point I left off last time I tried to read it. Yes, I tried to read it before. Twice. Once when I was about twelve and couldn't get into it. "Ewwww, blood! Someone DIED! I can't read this!" And again when I started college. But then classes got busy and I had to return it to the library. Never got past page 90-ish.

Anywho... I re-waterproofed my hiking boots yesterday. I wanted to give it another day for the mink oil to dry, so I wore my summer shoes to work today. It was kind of weird having soft shoe soles again. And wearing shoes that weigh less than five pounds. Actually, I have no idea how much my boots weigh, but they're a lot heavier than my skater shoes.

I've found that wearing two pairs of pants reeeeally helps me stay warm. I mean, if I wear just a pair of jeans, but a huge, bulky coat, I'll still feel cold. But with two pairs of pants, I can just wear my light summer jacket and be comfortable down to about five or ten degrees as long as the wind isn't blowing hard. Good to know, yeah?

I want to go to Anchorage and go to the bookstore and spend like five hundred dollars on books. And then the part of me that's sensible and frugal slaps around the silly side of me and tells me not to be a total doofus. That is all.

I got to play I-know-something-you-don't-know today. At the store, I grabbed some V8, which says on the side "100% juice!" Rye said, "Ha, there's still sugar in that stuff." I read him off the ingredients (reconstituted vegetable juice blend, reconstituted fruit juice blend, "natural flavoring," banana puree, malic acid, vitamin C, citric acid, and vitamin E) and he pointed at the nutrition facts, where it said it had 25 grams of sugar. Ha! I learned something from my mom being a health nut! That sugar is from the fruit, and it's actually not nearly as bad for you as your typical white sugar stuff they add to practically everything in the world. So yes, there's sugar in it, but they didn't actually add sugar to it. (Unless that's what "natural flavoring" is, but I don't think so.) Of course, reading the ingredients on pretty much every other kind of fruit juice in the aisle, I've discovered most of them are just sugar, water, and a bit of flavoring. Most of the juices only average about 13% real juice. That's why I like V8. It's the only one that's actually juice, not flavored sugar-water. Well, there are a few kinds of apple juice that are real juice too. But, say pomegranate juice. I couldn't find a single bottle of pomegranate juice that had more juice than sugar. Or cranberry. Or almost every other kind.

Okay, done ranting about that. Oh, and so ya know... I came home from Safeway with just V8, milk (1%), and hot chocolate mix. Guess I was thirsty. Kind of funny, actually. When I was younger, I figured a drink was a drink. I drank stuff only because, well, it was there. Never cared for soft drinks or juice or milk or anything. Now, I really love tasting all different kinds of drinks. Fizzy drinks, milkshakes, cider, whatever. Beer, no. Beer, vodka, whiskey, rum... alcoholic drinks, to me, still smell like something that's just been peed out. Guh-ross!

And my courses still aren't here. Phooey.

Hey, I have the day off tomorrow! :D I can sleep in, and read my book, and maybe even beat FFX! Well, I probably won't beat it, but I'll probably get Anima, at least. That means I just need one more summon and possibly a few legendary weapons and then I'll be about ready for the final boss fight. (Cue intense music.) And then I'll either have become obsessed with playing Final Fantasy and will insist on beating FFIX and FFVIII, or I can give Beth the PlayStation so she doesn't slaughter me painfully.

I'll shut up now. Toodles!

2 comments:

Terrace said...

you are popular because you are awesome :P and the world is short of awesome people, I believe o_o


I beat final fantasy 9! never played 10, so you'll have to tell me how good it is and if it is worth getting it on my ps2.. :O

I am up late again.. I should sleep :/

dubby said...

You ARE awesome!