Me: Mom, I want to get a dog!
Mom:Pffft. Every other girl your age wants a husband and you just want a dog.
Me: Ew, why would I want a husband? They're fat, boring, and useless.
Mom: ...I'm trying to find a way to counter your argument, and I can't do it!
I got my ecclesiastical endorsement, so I can go back to school this fall! Woot! I think a whole winter of doing next to nothing was a nice break... now I'm almost anxious to get back to school. But I'm in no hurry, because I'll miss Alaska, even though I do intend to come back.
Beth's been driving me crazy lately because it seems like she thinks I can't do anything right. I'm always turning off the light at the wrong time, or standing on the wrong side of the bed, or closing doors that are "supposed" to be open, or opening doors that are "supposed" to be closed, or adjusting the bedspread after she tucks her side in, or not hearing her the first time she talks (which is really just my hearing comprehension disorder kicking in), or other little things that don't really matter. She usually doesn't get upset, but she rolls her eyes and sighs in annoyance and I end up getting the impression she's thinking "Hopeless." And I can't say anything about it because she's not making a scene or anything, so why should I? Maybe I'm just being too sensitive. Yesterday, she made fun of me because I admitted that I say "the f-word" when I get really really upset. "Well, if you say it sometimes, why don't you say it now? What's the point of calling it 'the f-word'?" I was tempted to face her down and snap every dirty word I knew at her and ask if that made her happy. I mean, it would be a fair question if she had asked it as a question, but she asked it in a way that sounded like she just thought I was being stupid again.
At least I've been able to keep from getting mad so far. I end up just getting quiet, which has Rye, at least, convinced that I'm worrying about school again, so he keeps trying to cheer me up. Reminds me of my brothers, sometimes. When we were very little ("we" referring to my brothers and sister and me), if one of us was angry or sad about something, one of the boys would do something silly, and when we kept forcing a scowl, they would point and say "I see that smile! I see that smile!!!" and we would all end up laughing.
Last night, I wandered around the resort taking some pictures around twilight. I didn't wear my gloves because a) I didn't plan to be outside for too terribly long, and b) I couldn't feel the trigger button on the camera with gloves on. Well, ten minutes later, I couldn't feel the button anyway because my hands were numb. I got some great pictures, but I appear to have already managed to scratch my camera lens or something. Every picture I took has a big black spot near the middle, and my attempts to clean the lens did exactly nothing. I guess I'll see if I can find a camera repair place around or something and see if I can get it looked at. Sue says it might, maybe, possibly, if I'm lucky, just be condensation or something, and it'll go away. I hope so, but I doubt it.

Anyway, toodles! (And if you want to laugh, go count how many times I used the phrase "or something" in the last paragraph.)
7 comments:
YOU NEED TO RELAX CATHERYN!
If I had any kind of problem with you I would say it. I expect the same from you. If we don't communicate with each other we will be no worse that the people that work in the offic. And you still haven't figured out when I am serious or when I am joking:( I admit, I don't like the light turned of on me when I am still in the room. Its always bothered me. I like to take a last look around to see if it looks Ok. And I am sorry about the beds. I just want them to look nice. And their are some days when I just want to get the work done and go home. That is when I don't talk much. It has nothing to do with you.
Why is it that we can get along one day, and then the next I piss you off? If I am the problem I can ask Rye to fix it so we don't work together or I can not say anything at all towards or to you. You make me out to be such a bad person. And reading how much I make your life miserable makes me wonder why I try.
What gets me is Rye and myself treat you the same way but you don't write anything bad about him. I know you worship him, but really. (Joke, incase you don't get it) And I treat him the same. Do you notice this? Maybe we should talk tomorrow if it suits you. See you tomorrow Lint Monkey.
Hey, I told you men are good for killing bugs.
Oops, you kill your own bugs, don't you?
All right then, it is a lot more fun to kiss a husband than a dog. And now I will shut up.
I'm sure glad that money doesn't enter into it. I'll remove the direct deposit to your mom's account shortly and see if that has any effect. I'm betting it will, thereby disproving the hypothesis that men aren't useful. Of course, if it doesn't matter, then I'll accept the hypothesis will hold.
Oh, dear husband, do you really want to see the affect that would have? I thought you were supposed to be smart, but testing a hypothesis such as that would be dangerous, wouldn't it?
Yes, on second thought, it is dangerous to engage in experimentation, especially where the outcome is so certain anyway.
Regarding the camera: out, out, damn spot. (Shakespeare said that, not me) Have you been subjecting your camera to extreme temperatures? Delicate electronic devices such as the sensors in digital cameras might not be designed to handle temperatures much below freezing. Read the specifications in the manual -- most of the time the specification pages (either up front or in the very back of the manual) will list the temperature limits of the device. And since the sun isn't even visible from where you are, it can't be damage from aiming it directly at the sun, which is sure to ruin a digital camera. No, I tend to hope it might clear up: I'd certainly keep in indoors for a couple of days in a dry area just in case its just condensation. Let's hope for the best. The liquid crystal display is another area of concern in really cold temperatures. Just a thought.
or maybe it is ghosts
doo DOO Doo doo
Post a Comment