Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The darkness in my soul

Today was a very long day. But at least it was also a very fun day.

I started out the day right by begging to ride in the truck/snowplow with Frieda, who then let me drive! Hehehe, I drove a stick-shift! And I stalled it over and over, but at least I got it back to Grounds.

Beth wasn't feeling well or something and didn't talk much at first. She's not fun when she doesn't talk, because she gives off these vibes like she's brooding or something. So eventually, I got her talking. We ended up calling each other names for about half an hour. Then we found a baaaaad poetry book in a room and I read a few lines and stanzas out loud. It was worth it to hear Beth's agony. Then we made up emo free verse at each other for a bit, making jokes about how our souls are dark and lost, like bluebirds without a song.

Annnnd... well, that's about it, really.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe it was bluebirds with glowing red orbs for eyes. And my soul is like a room with no lightbulb. Grrrr, now I can't stop thinking of bad poetry. Curse you Lint Monkey!

dubby said...

Is it as bad as the novel I am working on? Beth, if you want to get back at the Lint Monkey, I will send you a lovely book written by an 80 year old man that Cathryn reacts to quite strongly.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Let's see now, a Persian word for "I am a Persian". Hmmmm. Would it be, "Meowwwwrrrr"?

Anonymous said...

I didn't ask you to say it then. And I was not making fun of you. It was a suprise on my part. Rye said it when I walked in the room. Why am I the negative person whenever you write about work???