Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bad day? Maaaaaybe

I get the feeling this is going to be one of those days.... Try as a might, I couldn't get to sleep until five o'clock this morning. Silly Lint Monkey... that's what I get for drinking caffeinated beverages at nine o'clock at night. Oy. I had my alarm set for six so I could get up, get donuts, take a shower, and still have time to goof off a bit before work. (And not on WoW, either.) Well, six o'clock came around, and, of course, I had left my alarm within reach of my bed, so without even waking up all the way, I reset the alarm to go off at seven, thinking in my sleep-muddled brain that I would still have time for donuts and a shower if I hurried. Seven o'clock came, and I woke up, grabbed my room key and phone, and headed out to the car, hoping it wasn't too frost-covered. The door was frozen shut, but a little fighting with it cured that. Got the car open, got in, sat down, and realized I didn't have my car keys. Drat it. So, back inside, grab the car keys, back outside, start up the car. I did a quick scrape of the front window, and drove off before the engine was really warm enough, hoping I wasn't doing too terribly much damage... I mean, I was in a hurry, after all. Drove all the way to Safeway without the car breaking down, parked the car, walked inside... and then realized I didn't have my wallet. Well, at least by the time I got to Safeway the second time, the engine was more or less warmed up.

However, while I was tossing and turning last night, I was kicking around ideas and plans and resolutions (but not the New Years' kind) in my head. I decided a plan for eating healthier is a) eating less, but more slowly, and b) not eating while I'm doing other things. That way I can savor the taste of the food more. Lately, I've been shoving food down my gullet so fast I hardly taste it, and I can't tell when I get full. So today, I only got one donut. And it was fresh. And it wasn't my favorite kind, but it was close. And man, did I enjoy it.

I also decided I want to find a place that allows pets when I go back to school this fall (when, not if, because I will get that endorsement, yes I will) and get a cat. Or a husky-doggy.

Anywho, this post has been brought to you by the word chasmophile.

3 comments:

Queen Karana said...

Ooh... I love husky-doggies.
But I think a cat would be far easier to deal with while in school. They simply don't require as much maintenance.

Tough choice! :)

Terrace said...

Huskies are so pretty!! :D


In other news!
Sleepy...

dubby said...

Huskies take a lot of room to be fair to them. They like to run and exercise.

Your cat right now is driving me crazy and won't shut up.

Martha has the most beautiful kitten ever, and all she likes to do is sit on your lap and purr. Her name is Bitsey. You saw her in the Christmas card.