I went in to talk to Jewel and ask how she wanted me to fill out my time sheet for the days when I worked day shift, night shift, day shift, all in a row. She retrained me on my night shift duties. Before, I was just told "While you're waiting, clean this, that, and the other thing." Jewel gave me Girl-from-grounds's journal from when she was doing security and showed me the list of numbers to call in an emergency, showed me what to do when the fire alarm goes off, etc etc, so now it feels more like security and less like extended housekeeping.
The journal is interesting. Of course, a lot of the entries said "Quiet. Nothing to report." But there were some great stories about drunk people, heavy snow, and pickup trucks.
I wish I had my maglite. I think I may pick one up at the Fish House if I think about it...
My hands are starting to get dry and red and painful. Every winter, they do that, and if I don't put lotion on them, they crack and bleed after a while. Being me, I don't normally wear lotion, so I didn't bring any with me. Yesterday, they were getting bad, so Rye ordered me to put some of the cocoa butter stuff on my hands. It was great, because after stinging for a few minutes and turning bright red, my hands felt better. PLUS they smelled like chocolate for the rest of the day.
Mmm... chocolate...
I also wish my laptop was powerful enough to run World of Warcraft. No I will not spend a few thousand dollars to get a better laptop just so I can waste time at work for the few months I'll be doing night shift. I'll just finish reading the books Rye loaned me a month or two ago that I haven't gotten around to finishing because I'm stuck on Crystal Singer because it's boring but I want to finish it anyway. That was a long sentence.
I wish my nickname was Elfears. And people would call me Elf for short. I don't know why, but for some reason, that just popped into my head. I'm obviously crazy.
Anyway, I'm going to go to Safeway and get some caffeinated beverage or other. Mountain Dew, maybe. That's one of my favorites. Third favorite. First favorite is dnL, but they don't make that anymore. After that, Vernor's Ginger Ale. Yes, it has to be Vernor's. Mountain Dew is third favorite. That's as far as my list of favorites goes, I think. Mmmm... soft drinks.
By the way... the snow here is higher than my knees in most places, and in some places, it's almost up to my waist. That's not counting places where people have shoveled it into a pile or where it's fallen off the roof. We've gotten probably six to eight inches in the last two days. Nifty!! And it's supposed to snow for the rest of the week. I love snow!!!
If my camera were working, I could take such beautiful pictures. I would love to get Mount Marathon just before sunrise, when the sky is dark blue and the mountain is glowing silvery-white.... Oh man, wow....
The end.
6 comments:
Yeah I want to see some nice alaska pictures :D
Greetings!
So just to probly repeat all of what Jewell already told you....Those many lines of "nothing to report" are butt coverage to prove that one acutally left the warm saftey of the front office and made sure nothing was amiss out in the other dead acerage....Just in case you were wondering. And yes, butt coverage is a wonderfull thing!!!
- Ex-Girl from ground, now a Grease Monkey
So I had a thought but I lost it. Bummer. I think it was a good one, too.
If you upgrade your memory can you run WoW?
Your presents are all packed and will be mailed tomorrow. I think that is what I thought I was thinking, but I'm not sure.
It's 4:20 and I can't sleep, but I am not totally convinced that I am awake either.
As soon as your package from the Old Dominion arrives, your picture-taking activities can quickly resume. Not to give away any surprises or anything... Let us know when it arrives by posting a photo of your smiling countenance. Your grandmother is still waiting on her Christmas present, and the only thing she has asked for is a nice portrait of her grandchildren. We have three of four. Guess who the fourth one is? Your daddy loves you.
ummm... I'd guess the fourth is me. . .
Post a Comment