Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Work?

I enjoy night shift. It's very relaxing. I don't have to deal with the stress of trying to get along with people, or getting things done the way other people want them to be done. Beth gets frustrated because I turn the sheets to the "wrong" side when I'm folding them, and gets annoyed if I start adjusting the bedspread at the bottom before the top, and Rye gets impatient when I walk right past something when I'm looking for it, or go upstairs and forget to bring the sheets so I have to go back down and get them. Working by yourself, you can be a bit of an airhead and nobody cares!

Shoveling snow is hard work, though. My technique probably needs work, too... I was shoveling the ramp and instead of lifting the shovel up above the railing and tossing the snow off the side of the ramp, I threw it further down the ramp... which meant that by the time I got to the end, I was shoveling a good foot and a half of snow, which was very, very, very heavy. And I've gotten very wimpy from doing nothing physically demanding for months, so of course, I'm sore all over from my hour or two of shoveling snow yesterday. Boy, I feel like a pansy. And it snowed another four inches or so today, so I get to shovel all over again tonight! Yay?

I'm going to hurt SO bad tomorrow.

And my alarm just went off and I about fell out of my chair. I thought I'd gotten over that. Heh... guess my phone doesn't ring often enough.

Uhhh... I was going to say something else, but I can't remember what I was going to say, so I'll just stop typing now and get ready for work, because that's what my alarm means. Toodles!

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Yaaaay! Physical exercise! Do you have a snow pusher? With only four inches, I would think a snow pusher would be more efficient than a shovel. Oh, well. Once you get to be my age, the term "Feel the Burn" has less to do with your muscles and more to do with your stomach. Your daddy loves you. So how's the car? Changed any oil recently?