Sunday, February 17, 2008

New Room

I thought staying in a different hotel room would be a good thing. Quiet place to get away from the distraction of my computer and books and playstation and piano and cell phone and stuff... better lighting... clear table to spread out my books on... but for some reason, I can't focus at all! Maybe it's because there's not as much room to pace. Maybe it's just way too quiet. And empty. And I can honestly say, it's about the loneliest place I remember being in a long long time. It kind of feels like a prison cell.... Long story short: I don't like it!

I didn't sleep well. I guess I didn't have the hum of the computer fan, or the periodic roar of the boiler next door, or the flashing lights from the internet box... Being alone in a strange place stinks, even when the "strange place" is only fifty feet away from where you usually are....

And now I kind of have a headache. I think I got it from Beth and Rye. Those fiends! I should beat them up!

Toodles!

3 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I'm sorry you're lonely and can't sleep. Loss of sleep does strange things to your mind, too. Well, it might make you feel better to know there are at least two (and probably many more) people in the Shenandoah Valley who feel for you and wish they could help, and want you to know they love you very, very much, and worry about you. Your daddy (and your mommy) love you very much and wish we could see you or at least talk to you. But alas, even the cell phone doesn't work in such a lonely room. Sigh. Where does blogspot come up with these crazy letter combinations they make you enter when you post a comment?

dubby said...

Awww. Well, maybe you can call your siblings. Or play neopets. Or write a story. Or work on a web page. Or read a new book. Did you read all the books I sent you?

don't eat walnuts.

Terrace said...

Well I don't think your school work is probably the most exciting thing ever ;P So I bet it is very hard to focus on it, and you already know what i'm going to say next :P