I heard a knock on my door at 12:30 this morning. Fortunately, I was still up, reading a book. With a weird look at the clock, I pulled open the door. A guy roughly around my age, maybe a little older, stood on the porch. "Hi," he said. "Are you my roommate?"
I gave him my best blank stare. I'm pretty good at those (except when God and Spawn are around... well, okay, sometimes even then). "Um... no... probably not."
He looked at the envelope his key card was in. "Room 416?"
I checked the sign on my door to make sure it hadn't been changed. You know, the sign about as big as my head that had a big bright green number painted on it that is definitely, indubitably, and unquestionably not the number 416. It was still the same number (which, again, was not 416). "No, 416 is over there," I said, pointing in the direction of his room.
"Oh," he said. "Well, can I come in anyway?"
"Um... no..."
"Oh. Well, hey, what you doin'?"
"I'm reading a book...."
"Well, hey, you could come hang out wit me an' some guys."
I pretended to consider it for a moment, then told him that I was right at the climax of my book and wanted to finish it.
"Oh," he said. "Well, hey, you should come hang out wit us later tonight, ya know? What you doin'?"
"I'm... reading... a book..." I repeated.
"Aw, okay. Ya sure I can't come in a minute?"
"Yeah, I need to finish it and get to sleep."
"Aw, kay then. Sorry to bother you," he said.
"No problem," I replied, and closed the door.
What a weird guy. "Are you my roommate." Heh.
I took God to the store after work today and bumped into Madison's mom while we were there. Starting tomorrow, I have a third piano student. Unfortunately, she doesn't have a book yet, so I get to ad lib tomorrow. Yaaaay!
I was going to write more, but suddenly, I don't feel very well, so I'm gonna scat. Toodles!
3 comments:
creepy...
Does this make you POPULAR!?!?
Post a Comment