Dinner at Kamren's family's house last night was funny. Cindy (Mom) and I were trying to have a serious discussion, but every five words or so, the kids screamed or threw food, the dog barked, or the phone rang. I'm seriously impressed with her patience... I would probably throttle my kids by the time they're three if they're constantly screaming, making messes, and breaking things.
Cody, the dog, has apparently been getting in fights or something. She had cuts on her neck and back leg that were blooding pretty good. Didn't seem to slow her down much, though. She flinched while Cindy and I cleaned her up and put some medicine on, but afterwards, she pranced away, happy as could be, and brought me her tug-of-war toy to play with. Once we got tired of that, I started pushing her around a bit and we started wrestling. I had the advantage of being bigger than her, but to her credit, she's fast, and she got in a few good bites on my arms. She was gentle, though, and never broke the skin.
The elders came over to practice our duet today. Playing piano with two people on one keyboard is hard. Elder Darby and I kept banging elbows, and I hit a lot of wrong keys because I was trying to avoid his fingers. So we're practicing again on Thursday, but this time, we're practicing at the church, and we're going to play on different pianos.
While Elder Darby practiced the music, Elder Bell showed me some card tricks, renewing my interest in magic tricks. I have to say that Elder Bell is one of the most remarkably good-looking guys I've ever seen. He has gorgeous blue eyes with long eyelashes and a cute smile that's always there, even when he's not actually smiling. I'd bet anything that before he went on his mission, he had girls crawling all over him. No, I won't write to him until he gets off his mission, then go look him up and try to date him. I'm just pointing out a fact, like saying "Boy, the sunrise sure was pretty today." (In fact, I wouldn't know about the sunrise today, because I GOT TO SLEEP IN!!!)
What else? Hm... Well, I got my taxes off today, finally. I think there's a stamp-eating gremlin hiding in my room. My stamps from Utah disappeared, so when I was at work the other day, I asked Tyler if the front desk sold stamps or if I had to go to the post office. God said, "Oh, you need stamps? Here, have these," and gave me a few Forever stamps. Now I can't find them anywhere. I checked every drawer, every pocket of every pair of pants I own, my computer desk... heck, even the bathroom and the refrigerator!
Grrrrrr.
But I will find the stamp-eating gremlin. Oh yes. And when I do, he will wish that the spleen bats had never spawned him. I'll rip out his liver and implode his epidermis, yes I will. Then I'll tie him up with slightly-undercooked spaghetti noodles and tickle him with a wombat tail until he turns indigo with yellow polka-dots. By then, he may be remorseful enough to return the stamps he owes me. He better, anyway, or I'll feed him to the caged bunnies. (I store them there for when I get bored and need something to kick.)
Toodles!
1 comment:
Your gremlin doesn't eat the stamps. He just writes a lot of letters.
Post a Comment