I actually get two days off!!! We all get two days off!!! EXCITING!!!I drew a picture. Yay, I can pretend to be an artist! Sort of... :P
So I was finishing up one of the townhouses today when Spawn came back in and said, "Lint Monkey, when you finish, come outside really quietly and look at the moose." So I tip-toed outside and found God, face to face with a yearling moose, fighting for his life. He finally wrestled the thing to the ground, but it called for help and another moose--this one pregnant--came charging up. God turned and ran. We all tried to hide in the townhouse, but the moose were fairly smart and charged down the door. Everyone ran and hid in the bathroom and I fought off the two moose with my amazing ninja skills (not to mention my linty squirratypus monkey, Fefnik). It was strenuous, and at one point, the younger moose had me forced to my knees at knife point and I thought they had me, but Fefnik saved the day by chewing the moose's tail, which distracted it enough that I managed to knock the knife out of its hoof, then spin around and trip the big one behind me.
Eventually, Fefnik and I overpowered the moose, tied them up, and shipped them back to the woods. But it was a close call. And I didn't even get a "Thank you for saving our lives, Lint Monkey!" Then again, I did get an ice cream sandwich, so it's all good.
As we were dropping the trash off at the dumpster at the end of the day, I slipped on the ice as I lifted the big wooden bar to open the gate. So there I am, lying on the ice, dimly aware that a) my leg hurts, and b) my foot is stuck under the wheel of the van... and that's when the wooden bar fell down and crushed my fingers.
It all turned out okay, though. The bar hit the thick base of my fingers, so they got scraped and maybe a bit bruised, but they're functionable and will be better in a day or two. Also, God had the van in park, so the wheel didn't roll forward and crush my foot. My leg's a bit bruised, but that's all right. Kind of funny that I dueled two moose and didn't get scratched, but I can't open the gate to the dumpster without killing myself.
Oh oh oh, so I went to Whatsherbucket's house for dinner last night. Knocked on the door and these two big dogs (one was a yellow lab, the other was a chocolate lab... I think) came barking to the door. As soon as I walked in, they ran up, smelled me a few times, then started jumping all over me going "Love me love me love me!" So I went "Yay dogs!" and played with them for a bit until Debi invited me to come sit down in the living room. As soon as I did, this fluffy white head with big blue eyes popped up from Debi's lap and said, "Mew?" Then this tiny white kitten, no more than maybe two months old, stood up, walked over to me, plunked itself down in my lap, gnawed my finger a few times, then fell asleep, purring contentedly.
I think I melted....
Anyway, apparently I'm playing a piano duet with one of the elders at a baptism Saturday evening... Surprise! Wish we'd had a bit more notice.... I've never played a piano duet with someone before. Well, little ones from lesson books with my sister, but that hardly counts. Anyway, I printed off the music last night... the elder isn't going to see it till we practice it together tomorrow evening. I looked over the music, and for the first time, I actually hope he's better than I am. See, as a musician, usually I see other musicians more as competition than as kindred spirits or whatever.... But if this elder's not good, he's going to have trouble sightreading this music, because it's not easy. Not ridiculous, but not easy. (I've never heard the elder play before.) But if played well, the song sounds really really pretty.... I'll try and get a recording and find a way to put it up here, but I don't think my voice recorder will record piano very well.
That's all... Toodles!
2 comments:
Okay, what is the REAL part II story of the moose. The one without the imaginary character?
I wish I could hear the duet. How lovely!
hey! our duets sounded good.... for a beginner
Post a Comment