Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Sooo coooold

It's -16 outside, not counting wind chill. It's 58 inside, and the temperature is steadily dropping. I predict I'm going to wake up very very very very very cold tomorrow. Unless I freeze to death in my sleep. I think that would ruin my day....

I got some independent study courses to do in my spare time, so I won't be spending so much time on WoW. In fact, I think I'll go to the library or at least Seabolt to work on them, so I can get out of my room. That'll be nice.

Randy invited me to another movie the other night. We saw National Treasure 2, which was absolutely outstanding! I highly recommend it. But once again, it was pretty awkward. I had kind of thought, or at least hoped, that he would bring his son Lief (who's a few years older than me) or at least Tyler or Aaron or Rye or someone else, so it would be a group thing and not seem like a date, because dude, the man is older than my dad. But no, it was just me and him. He was very polite, opening doors for me, paying for the movie, et cetera... part of me says "He's just being polite" and part says "Dude, he's hitting on you." And then halfway through the movie, I realized he had his arm around me. Yeah, um... awkwaaaard... But then, my dad does that, and that's okay. But on the other hand, my dad is my dad, and Randy's not. But then, it might just be some kind of male instinct. But on the other hand, I'm still not entirely comfortable with it. Conclusion: Next time he invites me to a movie, I'll tell him not unless at least one other person goes.

The other night, I was goofing off on the piano. For some reason, I feel like I play better when I'm just goofing off and not trying to read music. I played some songs from memory, and then when I forgot what came next, I made some crap up. It sounded pretty cool, I thought. I'll never be able to play it again.

That's all for now. Toodles! :D

4 comments:

Terrace said...

you are amazing at piano :D!

Queen Karana said...

I agree. You are amazing at piano.

And yeah, I think there's a bit of "eeew" with your date that isn't a date. I like your plan for making sure that at least one other person goes. Unless he ends up getting another "couple" to go.

dubby said...

Yeah, when I was 22 I had a friend like that named Bernie. He was sweet and wonderful, but heck, he was married and had kids and left his home each Monday to work in Niagara Falls and then went home on Friday.

He even kissed me once, but I politely told him that was NOT allowed, and we had a good relationship after that. Good friend, fun to talk to and be around, intelligent.

I don't doubt that he loved his wife and kids. But men get lonely.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Yep, your mom is right. Guys, especially older guys (speaking from experience) probably look on their relationship with you a WHOLE lot different than you do. It would amaze you. And probably scare the living daylights out of you too. He sounds like a nice guy, but be very aware of that huge difference in perspective. I'm glad you are enjoying the movie, and am glad that you have friends (plural) that you can go to the movies with.