Thursday, February 7, 2008

WoW!

I canceled my WoW subscription last night. It's active until March 6, but I don't think I'll play anymore. I've been toying with the idea of quitting for a while now because of how it's eating my life. All the guild drama from yesterday finally pushed me over the edge, though. At first, I was furious and hated everyone in the game, especially Vecky and Earthclaw, the two who added the last straw. I won't repeat any of the things that were said. Suffice it to say that I didn't handle the situation maturely either.

But last night, after logging out of the game, pacing and reading for a while, and crawling into bed, I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes and felt... relieved. I was kind of surprised at how I felt. I was expecting to be bitter at everyone and everything, but now, I just feel grateful to Vecky for giving me the excuse to finally quit. No, I don't want to ever talk to her again, but I couldn't have quit if it weren't for her, because I had too many friends there. Even now, I still like the game. The storyline is fantastic (though not integrated into the game at all. Most WoW players don't even know who the main bad guy IS. "Sargeras? Who's Sargeras?") and the game is fun. I like the graphics, and I think my characters are awesome. It's a great way to have fun with your friends, and I've always enjoyed running instances with Gohr, Tigris, Clichehunter, and Rye. But it's just a game.

I feel like the part of me that was made of nothing but WoW left, making room for the part of me that's actually... well... me. This is the first time since my computer got shipped here that I went to work and, in response to the question "How are you today?" I replied "Thoroughly fantastic!"

Rye keeps teasing me that I won't be able to stay away. "What'll you do if you're not playing WoW?" he says. All the things I've been neglecting so I could make that extra bit of gold, or get another level, or pick a few more herbs for Karazhan raids that never happened. Writing in my blog, e-mailing my friends, reading books, beating Final Fantasy X, preparing a D&D campaign for this summer, playing the piano... I still need to call Kamren's parents and Kwong Soo (sp?) to start their piano lessons. I could go play in the snow and dig a snow cave, or write music, or start writing stories again. Plus, don't forget, I'm going to start taking courses (as soon as the books arrive). I think I'll find ways to stay busy.

That aside....

There was a moose on the resort today. She was honking HUGE! It's been months since I've seen a moose, and I'd forgotten just how big they are. Her coat was darker and shinier than the other mooses I remember seeing, too. I wonder if I just never noticed, or if their coats change from summer to winter like some other animals.

I just opened the window. Oh WOW, the sun is bright! Maxxy's getting some sunlight now, for the first time in ages! I've kept her away from the window because the cold air tends to creep in around the edges and I don't think that's good for her. But of course, now she's sick from lack of sunlight, and I never got around to buying her a grow-lamp (or whatever it's called).

La di da, I'm in such a good mood right now. I think I'm going to go to the library and get Wizard's First Rule. Amy always fawned over the Sword of Truth series, and Rye was telling me about it today, and I figure "Meh, may as well try it, now I've got the time." I'm almost finished with Cat Karina, which is an okay book, and after that, all I have left is Chrome Born, and I'm done with the books I borrowed from Rye. He left most of his books in the Barracks when they evacuated everyone, so I can't borrow any more from him for a little while.

That's all for now. I'm going to go now. Toodles! :D

3 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Not only that, but you have made someone else VERY happy, too! Truly, honestly, you have made my day! This is the happiest I've been in months, no kidding. Did you ever get the DVD I sent of our vacation to Williamsburg from way back when? (Remember feeding the seagulls from the ferryboat? Remember the hotel where we could all say in one room? Remember playing the harpsicord in the Inn?)

Also, you could begin investigating your genealogy. Mom found out you're related to President Bush, and a whole lotta other people that everyone's heard of, too. Oh, how's the camera coming? Did the spot disappear?

Terrace said...

:D!
lol Maxxy thanks you for sunlight ;p



Oh, and you mean.. sun-lamp? :O lol

It is very nice to see you in a good mood! Happy Cathryn = the best :D

Queen Karana said...

The King loves that series (Sword of Truth / Wizards First Rule)...

I couldn't ever get into it. But HE enjoys it.