Friday, March 14, 2008

George

This morning, my phone rang at the same time my alarm went off.

Tyler: "Hey, are you awake? Can you give Tessie a ride?"
Me: "Sure. Can you tell God I'll be a few minutes late to work?" (It was ten till eight already--yes, I sleep till the last possible minute.)
Tyler: "Yep, no problem."

So I was out the door two minutes later to run pick Tessie up. We walked in the back door, and God looked up and saw us and said, "Geez, Lint Monkey, you're late! Spawn and Tessie and I have been waiting for you for half an hour already!"

There's two ways to respond to this in gaming terms: "x.x" and "/facepalm". In real life, you could roll your eyes or bury your face in your hands and groan. In writing, I can't think of a response. Go ahead and pretend.

God picks on me. He snapped me with a rubber band today, but I turned my head at just the wrong time and got a really painful snap in the face. I'm glad I hadn't turned my head an inch further, or it would've been my eye.

Spawn brought in donuts today. No, yesterday. They all run together.... Anyway, she's obviously better at picking which kinds to get, because even though she brought in more donuts than I usually do, they lasted about half as long.

I think my parents are starting to worry that they'll never get me married off. Well, good. They can sweat about that a bit. It amuses me when people worry more about other people's relationships than their own.

Yesterday, after Kamren's piano lesson, Kamren and Noah were playing outside and I marveled that even in this weather, kids ran around in t-shirts and capris, wearing only water shoes. Well, Kamren was in water shoes. Noah was in some kind of sneakers, but he wasn't wearing socks. They were about to run a race, but Mom said, "Noah, don't run, your shoes aren't tied! They'll fall off!" Well, he ran anyway, his shoes fell off, and he ended up shrieking because his feet were cold. (Ice and snow tend to do that.) So his mom put him in the car and called to Kamren that it was time to go. Kamren wanted to race me one more time, but I picked her up and carried her to the car. She clung to me and begged, "I want to go home with Lint Monkey! Mom, can I go home with Lint Monkey?" Her mom said no, but invited me over for dinner and FHE again Monday.

Today, after Kwang-sook's piano lesson (still no idea how to really spell her name), she invited me over on Wednesday for dinner. She also asked if I was willing to take on another student, because she knew a kid around five or six years old who wants to learn to play.

At Madison's piano lesson, Madison's parents invited me over for dinner on Sunday and also invited me to the church for Chip's baptism the following Saturday.

I don't think I'll have to buy many groceries next week. Haha.

I finally got around to putting gas in my car. I heard that the gas from Essential is crap. Watered down or something, and it kills your gas mileage. So I decided to check my mileage. Last time, I filled the tank at Essential. Eight gallons, 131 miles, that's about 16.4 miles per gallon. My car should be getting around 25, I think. At least. So this time, I filled it at Three Bears. Shell. Whatever it's called. We'll see if that makes a difference.

I heard that someone invented a way to make your car run on water, and some oil company or other bought the idea for sick amounts of money and hid it so no one else would know. If that's true, I have a very low opinion of the bastards who are responsible for that. Almost four freaking bucks a gallon for gas. If gas is over five dollars a gallon by August, I don't know if I'll be able to afford to drive my car back to Utah after all. That would make me cry, because I was really looking forward to the trip.

Maybe I should start learning about cars and chemistry and see if I can come up with an alternative to gasoline. Of course, by the time I figure it out, someone else will have figured it out already and I'll have wasted however many years I spent learning about stuff just to fix that. Not to mention however much money I spend on fixing my car after I ruin the gas tank repeatedly by trying to run it on things it's not meant to run on.

Well, life sucks, then you die, I guess.

Today I learned that the guy who discovered Uranus wanted to name the planet George. Seriously. After the British king. Personally, I think that would have been the funniest think in the universe. Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, George, Neptune.... Men are from Mars, women are from George. As God would say, "Oh, the jokes that would fly...." George is a funny name to say. Say it. Go on. George George George George George. When I was young, a family friend had a cat named George. It beat up my older brother once. What an awesome cat!

Anyway, that's all for now. Toodles!

3 comments:

Terrace said...

lol.. that trip to utah will take forever, I would pass out!

Queen Karana said...

Our cat is named George. :)

As in "curious"

dubby said...

You are twenty years old! WHY would I be upset about getting you married off? You are WAY too young to be married.