Why is it that the longer you sleep, the more tired you are when you wake up? Not to mention stiff and sore? You'd think it would be the other way around. Stupid laws of... uh... health science.... I think we should do away with it altogether and instead make laws that say things like: the reason people die is because of their addiction to breathing. So to live forever, we just have to break that addiction. (Thanks to Lary for that idea.) Of course, the problem with that is that then we'd have a real overpopulation problem. Maybe we should also make a law that people aren't tempted to have sex unless they're trying to make babies. But then what would people make dirty jokes about? "A white horse fell in a mud puddle. Heehee, I made a dirty joke!" ........BAHAHAHAHA........ Then we could make a law that the sun is good for you, the stronger the radiation the better, and then boot the excess people into outer space with a Game Boy or something, so they don't get bored. Oh yeah, we'd also have to cure their addiction to eating and drinking.... Or maybe we could say that if you get direct sunlight, not filtered through silly things like atmospheres, then you don't have to eat or drink because the sun gives you all the energy you need. Yeah, that'll work! And besides, it's not like you'll be using a whole lot of energy if you're just floating through space anyway, right?
That reminds me. Hey Dubby, you majored in chemistry, right? I have a question. Why is it that electrons never ever slow down or stop? I was thinking maybe it was because they're not acted on by an outside force because they don't have air resistance because they're smaller than the air molecules... but then I realized that gravity should still affect them. Right? So I was thinking "Well, maybe if you move fast enough, then you can go so fast that gravity doesn't affect you..." except even light is affected by gravity, and theoretically, it's impossible to go faster than light. So I guess that can't work either. And what's this quantum physics stuff that says that matter can pop into existence and then pop right back out again? What the heck? How and why did someone come up with that? And also, what's this about atoms being so connected that you can affect one thing in California and its twin atom in France will react to it? That's like ESP for atoms. If stuff like that actually works (which I don't think I'll actually believe unless I see it), why don't they use it in today's technology? You'd think companies like... I dunno, Radio Shack and Toys R Us... or whoever invents the stuff for them to sell... would be eating it up! Well, not eating it up... that'd be gross.... Actually, that would be funny! Eat one of the atoms and then spin the second one and feel your stomach start jerking around. Oooo, that'd be a fun way to poison someone! ...Not that I intend to poison anyone or anything. I'm really babbling now, aren't I? Okay. Anyway, if anyone knows anything about any of the junk I mentioned in this paragraph, let me know, wouldja? I'm curious.
Okay then. Well, now I've stopped rambling about that and am drawing a blank about what to ramble about next. Oh yeah! Girl-from-grounds (aka Grease Monkey) showed up yesterday! She's back from her mechanic training and stuff, and she's still alive! Yaaaaay! So after work, we went to go look for Easter eggs left over from the Easter egg hunt they had on Easter or actually maybe the day before Easter and I'm trying to see how many times I can fit the word Easter into this sentence about Easter or actually Easter eggs. Seven. Hey, that's lucky! Anyway, we went searching for Easter eggs and found 59 of them. Actually, it may have been 58. Or even 57. I didn't really count them in an organized fashion. I counted 59 and then went, "Oh wait... did I count that one twice?" and couldn't remember, but I didn't want to count all almost-60 again, so let's just say it was 59. But only five of them had candy in them. It wasn't even good candy. Smarties, caramel, and cheap nasty bubble gum. No chocolate. Not even jelly beans (which is fine because I don't like jelly beans anyway, but come on, it's still traditional Easter candy)! Oh well, life goes on. And it was fun hanging out with Grease Monkey.
Hey Sister! Answer my e-mail, even if the answer is "probably not." I won't hate you, honest! I won't even look for ways to poison you with quantum physics! Honest!
Hmmm, what else? Oh, heh heh. So I fell asleep reading a science book around seven o'clock last night and didn't wake up until morning. And for the first time ever, I actually had a dream about a science fiction story that could actually be written into a decent story. I wrote down the main ideas about it so I could remember, but unfortunately, I'm not in the mood to write an actual story just now. It was decent, though.
Apparently, a new planet had been discovered. I think it was between Earth and Mars, but I'm not sure. Anyway, said planet had only one moon, which was thought to be inhabitable by life. So Earth sent out a bunch of people to go check it out and they made a little colony out there. Well, they found the dominant species or whatnot on the other planet and were surprised to find that the aliens had adopted a few humans into their society generations and generations ago. So long ago, in fact, that no one knew exactly how or when the humans got there. (A couple of the people said, "Zomg, see, that's what Stonehenge was for: launching rockets into outer space!" Weirdos.)
Anyway, one of the Earth humans met one of the alien humans and brought her back to the Earth colony, which was called KT4O2SS, but I don't know why it was called that. The girl who found her kind of adopted her into her own family and taught her English and tried to teach her human cooking and sewing and stuff like that. Most of the men, particularly the ones responsible for the colony's government, weren't very nice to her, so she didn't like them much. Occasionally, she tried to run away, but she always came back. She's one of the main characters, but not actually the main plot of the story.
The main plot of the story was about the corruption of the government. Go figure. (Which is especially funny because personally, I hate politics. In fact, I never liked science fiction stories much, either, so I don't know why I was dreaming this.) I only remember details about it towards the end of the story, but the government made a new law that all transportation and everything would shut down before midnight and everyone was to stay inside, curtains drawn, between midnight and six in the morning, "for their own safety." One of the younger adults stood up at the meeting where they passed the law and claimed that the government was only making the law for their own corrupt reasons, so they could have six hours a night to do things without anyone poking their nose around and finding out what they were up to. He and government official got into a fight and the young man ended up getting shot in the face. Ow.
At the funeral, the government tried to pass off the man's death by saying he had a severe nasal congestion that went untreated, and at the meeting, the man's nose blew up. Nobody believed it for a second, especially the people who were there and saw the guy get shot, but they were afraid of their noses "blowing up" if they said anything about it.
Anyway, that's about where I woke up. If I can figure out just what the government was up to and how it involved the aliens, I think it could be a pretty decent story. I don't know if I would do a good job writing it, though, since my writing style leans more towards comedy.
Well, anyway, that's about all I can think of to write for now. Blame Tigris and Grease Monkey for my lack of updating for the last few days. Toodles!
PS - Dad, I'm having trouble uploading pictures just now, so I'll put up one or two next time.
1 comment:
they thought their noses were going to blow up? lol! weird >_>
Post a Comment