Yay, done with midterms for this week! Joyous! The midterm for my speech class was actually ridiculously easy. It was two pages, multiple choice, true-false, and matching, with questions like "True or false: A good way to end your speech is by clapping your hands and saying, '...aaaand that's it.'" And in case that wasn't easy enough, it was also open-book. Nice.
And oh, by the way, we're presenting new speeches a week from today. Epic. A month to prepare for the last speech, and now a week to prepare for the next one. Not that I'm complaining. It's supposed to be an informative speech with a visual aid, so I'm going to talk about juggling. As long as I don't get so nervous I keep dropping everything, I should be golden. Also, I think I'll make an appointment with the speaking center which, theoretically, will help. Even if it doesn't, they'll tell my professor that I went and she'll probably give me a few more points for preparation.
Juggling practice this evening was funny. We started out with four people there, but first Rob left, then Abe and Monica disappeared, and then there was one. (That was me.) So I was practicing juggling clubs and started counting to see how many I could do without messing up. My record for today was 310. That's good, right? If I'm going to beat Rob's record, I only need 6,312 more catches. So then I started doing Mill's Mess, but I had trouble even getting over 200 on that. I think it's because the rhythm is different, which messes up the counting. I bet if I had someone else counting for me, I could do a lot better. Then with a typical cascade, I only managed 576. My excuse is that by then, my arms were getting tired. I'll try again first thing on Friday. Or maybe I'll wait until after Rob gets sick of helping me practice passing clubs. I bet I could at least break 1,000. On the cascade, I mean, not the passing, though I am getting a little better on that.
...A little.
By the way, I'm looking for a new drink to try. Anyone have any favorite drinks or suggestions for drinks I may not have had before?
6 comments:
Jones soda bubble gum or fufu berry? :P
You may have tried it
It's good, but I've tried it. Plus, I liked the cream soda better. ;)
mmm... cream soda :D
Do they make a Nutella-based drink? Did you try hot cecemel in Belgium? How about something called "Tahitian Treat"? I always enjoyed Tahitian Treat in Florida. If not, how about Hawaiian Punch classic red?
Try mixing drinks - cranberry juice and orange juice make a really fantastic combination. Or add ginger ale to various juices and see which you like best!
I'm glad you're having a great time in Alaska!!! Also, I've been enjoying your blog for a while now - it's a lot of fun to read ^^ (Yeah, this is Charlotte) I hope you don't mind if I continue? Mine is at awayhaha.livejournal.com if you're interested.
bananaberry?
Post a Comment