So it was right around midnight, and I wanted some hot chocolate before going to bed. They say warm milk helps you sleep. Plus I like hot chocolate. So I heated up the milk on the stove, stirring it the whole time (it still burned on the bottom, so maybe next time I should try stirring with a spatula instead of a spoon), added the cocoa powder and some cinnamon when it was warm... Sarah happened to be up too, so I talked with her a bit and offered her some hot chocolate too.
The hot chocolate finished cooking, I poured some into a cup for her, then poured the rest into my plastic water bottle thermos... thing. No worries, the bottle didn't melt or anything, though I probably should have thought about that. No, what really happened is... the water bottle has a little pop-top thing. So I closed the top, put my thumb over it, and shook it up real good, just to mix the chocolate in a little better. Well, apparently, that was a bad idea! I guess shaking up hot stuff in a bottle builds up a lot of pressure, and after I shook it a couple of times, the lid went shooting off, and hot chocolate sprayed all over the room! I totally coated the front of Sarah's jacket, got it all in my hair, splattered the wall, the sink, the clean dishes, and even managed to splatter Sarah's textbooks and laptop on the kitchen table, a good ten feet away! It was amazing! I was so glad it was Sarah's stuff and not Brooke's, because Sarah was laughing as hard as I was, but Brooke probably would have dragged me outside and eviscerated me.
It took me over half an hour to clean up (and rewash all of the dishes), but at least by then, the hot chocolate was cool enough that I didn't burn my tongue, yeah?





That aside, I also had a meeting with my English professor today. It was supposed to be a fifteen-minute meeting in which he discussed the essay I turned in last week (it wasn't just me--everyone in the class had to do this). Well, the meeting extended for five minutes shy of an hour. Good thing I was the last one and I didn't have another class until two, eh? Basically, like all of my past English teachers, my professor said that I'm a very strong writer, I have a very distinctive voice, he thinks I should have been an English major (which I usually take as a compliment when it's said by an English professor)... but he's giving me a B- on my paper anyway because I exaggerated and misunderstood Bacevich's article. Personally, I kind of think that if I had exaggerated the exact same way but had agreed with the professor's standpoint instead of arguing with it, I could have gotten an A. So now he wants me to rewrite the paper... again.
Sigh.
Then philosophy class. I guess my theory about backing up our arguments was wrong. Oy, I swear, I'm just beating my head against a wall in that class. I can come home, read the material six times, feel confident I know it, then go to class and be totally lost. I really want to schedule office hours with Eduardo and ask for help--that would almost definitely help my grade. The problem with that is that to schedule office hours, you have to have specific questions, specific things you're confused about. And I don't have any idea what my problem is! Except, I suppose, that I'm just generally stupid. Okay, that's not true, but geez, that class make me feel like it.
And the class fried my brain so bad that I came home from class and fell straight to sleep until my phone woke me up five hours later. I still maintain that I was doing philosophy... just doing it lying down with my eyes closed, because I'm that darn good.
Anyway, the phone call was from Rob. Apparently, his hall was having an improv night, and he invited me to come. Woohoo, improv!!! I love improv! Kind of makes me miss the days when I was a member of Laugh Out Loud. UAF's improv team is called the Ground Squirrels Troupe or something like that. I'm tempted to join... but I'm doing too much already. I shall resist.... I shall... resist...!
Anyway, we had a lot of fun. We even got to play three-headed spelling monster. My favorite games have always been jump-up games like World's Worst. I don't know if that one was even on the game list. I should remember to mention it next time.
I was shocked and astounded to see my old high school friend Charlotte commenting on my last blog post! And hey, great suggestion about mixing the drinks; I hadn't thought of that. I got some apple juice and ginger ale, so we'll see how well those go together tomorrow when they're cold.
Oh oh oh oh oh! Also! Sarah says that Brooke's moving out this weekend! Happy happy joy joy!!! I get my own room for an indeterminate amount of time! And if they do move someone in, at least there's a chance that she'll be friendly and not act like she constantly wants to rip me apart!
Okay. I think that's all I have to say for right now. So I'll get back to my homework I neglected because I slept all afternoon. Toodles!
1 comment:
Specific questions, eh?
Hm, tough. What if you quote some of the examples you've talked about in the blog?
You said this, and I said this. You said that was wrong, but I don't think it was because ___. Explain this to me.
Or does it have to be the kind of specific where you have to ask "I'm confused about ____ on page 93."
I don't envy you.
Post a Comment