I made some really good hot chocolate this morning, with cream and vanilla and cinnamon. But then I burned my tongue and my throat pretty badly. Daggumit! It actually hurts pretty bad. Much worse than any of the burns I got juggling and eating fire, including the time I burnt out all my nose hairs.
Today I want to talk to you all about the dangers of kicking alligators. It's dangerous. Don't do it. That is all.
I got a message from some friends from church today. They basically demanded I bring Rob over and visit them Sunday evening. It was more of a "you will come, no excuses" than a "you're invited, if you're not too terribly busy." Heh, that's what friends are for, right?
I started to reinstall Windows on my computer... but then I couldn't remember whether I was supposed to delete the partition, create a new partition, or format the existing partition. I recall that being a relatively important decision. Meh. So I figured I'd just wait until tomorrow and ask whichever of my geek-friends I happen to see first how to do it. Actually, by tomorrow, I'll probably have like six comments, all giving me step-by-step instructions on how to reinstall Windows.
...It's nice having geeky friends. :D
4 comments:
I format the existing one, usually it just asks me when I boot from CD. It formats it, then creates windows.
If you want a completely clean install, delete the existing partition, then create a new one. This will effectively destroy any corrupted files.
My 11 cents...
Couple of things: First, DON'T miss class!! Don't miss your German class to write a paper for your speech class ... or any other reason. DON'T miss class! I tell you as a professor, students who miss my class not only don't learn and get poor grades, they tick me off. And yes, I do notice when students aren't there... even when I have 90 of them in a classroom. Like I tell my students: don't miss class.
Second, why not kick alligators? Have you ever kicked one? If you're gentle about it, sometimes you can get away with it. And it's probably not as dangerous to kick an alligator as it is to miss class... ;-)
Did your car get completely winterized? How 'bout the windshield washer fluid? ... you might even have to empty the reservoir, since even the pure antifreeze washer fluit usually only protects down to about zero or thereabouts. Do you have water in any of your headlights or taillights? (some of our cars have had water in the lights, and when it freezes, it's not pretty).
Bummer on the missing class. One suggestion: find out what book is used for the undergrad pre-requisite, and get that book and study it. Go by the office of the prof who teaches it, and get an old syllabus. Find out who is teaching the graduate class, and go by his/her office, and ask what you , can do to prepare. Not only does this give you valuable preparation for the class, it impresses the heck out of the professor. Wanting to be prepared is not brown-nosing... profs love it when a student shows genuine interest in going the extra mile to prepare to do well in a class. It starts you out with some nice brownie points that may come in handy... especially if you are prone to ... um, MISS CLASS.
Keep up the good work, sounds like you and Rob are getting along well. Your daddy loves you.
Hey, I've got to apologize for being a daddy. When you love your kids, you hate seeing them get burned, both literally and figuratively. Sorry I "told you what to do" with your car. Sorry I "told you what to do" about your classes. I just can't help being a daddy. I love my daughter. Both of them. And my sons, too. I just want them to have the benefit of a half-century of experience and hard knocks. Oh, well. Please forgive me. I'll try to do better. Your daddy still loves you.
Post a Comment