Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I'm not wrong, because...

I have a hypothesis about my philosophy class. I don't think any student is going to get a right answer all semester. I think the reason Eduardo says we're wrong no matter what we say is because as soon as he says, "You're wrong," we say, "Oh. Darn." My hypothesis is that instead of saying "Oh," he wants us to say, "No, I'm not wrong, because..."

Bearing that in mind, I think I'll have some fun. I sure hope I'm right about this.

Also! I was talking to Sarah last night (you know, my nice roommate), and she said that Brooke talked to Residence Life yesterday about getting a room transfer and she'll probably be gone within a few weeks and almost definitely by January. Woohoo! Maybe she'll solve my problem for me! Maybe it's wrong of me... but that would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I had happy dreams about her moving out, which were dashed when my mean old alarm clock went off this morning.

The Sun Star came out today, and hey, my name's in the newspaper three whole times! I started looking through it, and evidently, Kortnie made a lot of changes to my edits. I really don't mind too much, except there were a few instances where she changed my corrections or reworded a sentence and ended up making it wrong, which kind of makes me look bad. She did find rewordings for several sentences that I was having trouble finding a way to make less awkward, so I'm glad for that... but did she have to make a run-on sentence, or remove the em-dashes I put in to correct a list after a colon, or reword two sentences that had quotes and leave the period outside the quotation marks? Oy, how sad!

Oh well. Life sucks and then you die.

And now, on to my Latin homework!

1 comment:

dubby said...

I certainly know what a run-on sentence is, being somewhat of a master at them myself, but what do you mean by "remove the em-dashes I put in to correct a list after a colon"?

And I still admit, I am semi-colon illiterate.