Monday, October 27, 2008

Debt Collector

Okay, I was going to be doing Latin right now, but this is too funny not to write about.

For the last week, I've missed a phone call every day while I was in class. A recording left a message saying the call was from Amco(?) Systems, a debt collector, and left a callback number. I didn't bother calling back because as far as I know, I'm not in any debt, and if it was that important, they would leave more details. It's probably just some scam or other from someone trying to get my credit card number.

Well, today, I actually managed to answer the phone when this Amco place called. And to my immense amusement, the entire phone call was the same recording as the one I've been getting in my voicemail for the last week, and the callback number wasn't the same as the number the person was calling from. (In fact, the call was from an 803 number, but the recording wanted me to call an 800 number.) So I went ahead and called the 800 number and got a recording saying my call would be recorded, and I would be transferred momentarily. I waited, and shortly thereafter, someone picked up the phone and said, "Can I speak to Timothy Redman?"

Well, that was unexpected. "Uh... sorry, say again?"

"Is Timothy Redman there? Let me speak to him."

"Um... I'm sorry, I have no idea who that is."

"Okay, thank you." And she hung up. Phone call over.

Well, darn. Ba-haha!

Oh well. I tried.

No comments: