Sunday, October 19, 2008

Glop?

For some reason, this has seemed like a really long weekend. Or, no, maybe just a long week in general. I made Glop on Saturday, this time with mushrooms. Saturday... or was it Friday? No. Saturday. Like, yesterday. Weird, that was just yesterday.

Work today was irritating. The layout manager reprimanded me for not writing the police reports right. Apparently, I put in too much extraneous information and made a lot of "grammatical and prepositional errors" and "nobody cares anyway, so I deleted most of your minor details to make it fit into two columns." Hey, whatever. I was just trying to copy over the reports and keep them as close to the original report as I could, like Kortnie asked me to.

I'm also not too amused at this girl trying to correct my grammar since she leaves blatant spelling errors in the headlines, which I don't get to even see before they get published, but they make me look bad, since I'm the copy editor. Also, she didn't believe me when I said "United States" can be adjectival. (I mentioned it because she asked if it was "US" or "U.S." and I said it's "U.S." when it's an adjective, and spelled out as "United States" when it's a noun.)

Of the articles I edited, the two I liked the most were the ones that the other editors sat back and viciously mocked. Also, I wasn't allowed to correct the sentence "I kept thinking - am I smell?!" because it was in quotation marks. The article was written by a foreign girl. I was correcting those kinds of mistakes all through her article, but Kortnie wouldn't let me change it to "do I smell" because it was "a quote." Frankly, I think the author just made it up for literary effect.

Okay, enough complaining about work.

Juggling practice was epic. I'm working on perfecting the tricks I currently know right now. For Rubenstein's Revenge, my record is 182 consecutive catches. For Mill's Mess, my record is 320-something. For a cascade with three clubs, 310, and for a cascade with three balls, my record is 2,171. Strut strut! Now I just need to do that twenty times and I can break a world record, yeah? :D

Abe showed up at practice with three throwing knives he had bought at the gun show. I wanted to ditch practice then and there to go buy myself throwing knives because AWESOME!!! ...But I restrained myself. I don't need to spend twenty dollars on throwing knives. I WANT to... but I don't need to.

...snarf.

That said, I'm going to go get some more Glop. Toodles!

1 comment:

Terrace said...

Glop? Glop!?



Glop doesn't sound to appetizing.