A little while ago, I was sitting in my computer chair when I realized my bedroom door was open. For some reason, I decided that I wanted it shut. I reached over to shut the door, but it was a few inches beyond my reach. I flailed my arm around uselessly for a second, then slumped down grumpily.
At this point, an intelligent human being would either scootch their chair back six inches and shut the door, get up to shut the door, or just get over it and leave the door open. But I'm not an intelligent human being.
I looked around for a moment, then grabbed a pencil to extend my reach. Stretch. Stretch. Rats. Still another few inches.
But I couldn't give up just yet. After looking around a bit longer, I pulled out my pocketknife, stretched it out as far as it could go. Stretch. Stretch. Still about an inch away. Dangit. Nothing within easy reach that was longer than my pocketknife and wieldy enough to hold at arm's length.
So I leaned over, grabbed a pillow from off my bed, and threw it at the door. And I hit the wrong side of it. The door closed about eight inches. Just enough that now there was no WAY I could reach it to close it the rest of the way. Dangit.
Good thing I have three pillows. So I reached over and grabbed another pillow off the bed and threw it at the door as well. The door didn't latch, but now it was, at least, almost closed.
Man, I'm so smart, I told myself as I pushed back my chair and stood up to pick up the pillows and put them back on my bed.
2 comments:
Wow, things must be getting really rough up there in the wintertime. I've heard of cabin fever, but this really goes the extra mile, eh?
A pillow fight with your door???
Post a Comment