Friday, October 3, 2008

Love life... hoo boy...

I try not to talk about my love life on here, largely because I really hate reading friends' blogs when they squeal about how sweet and wonderful and amazing Boy is every day for weeks and then it's "Whine Whine, Boy doesn't love me enough," and a few weeks later, "Boy is the biggest jerk in the whole world."

However, this information is pertinent, as it may make future blog posts make more sense, so I suppose I should share. Lint Monkey has an awesome boyfriend. Well, okay, I've kind of had one for a week; I just never found a good opportunity to mention it. And if you've been following my blog, you could probably already guess who he is. To forestall at least a few of your questions, I'll go ahead and give you some information about him.

His name's Rob (the juggling club president), and yes, he is the same guy as the one in the fire-eating video, and in like half of the pictures I've put up recently. He juggles, he smiles a lot, and he has a ponytail. What more could a person want, yeah? He's 24, has an degree in biology, and is working for a master's in education because he wants to teach high school. This last summer, he worked as the shooting instructor at a Boy Scout camp, teaching kids how to use guns and how not to shoot each other with them. Right now, he's a Peer Mentor in one of the freshman dorms. He's 6'1", super skinny, and allergic to peanuts. (No wonder he's skinny. He can't eat Reese's cups!) He knows both computers and cars, and not only does he cook, but he automatically does dishes too. And he's easily three times as ticklish as I am. Mwahaha. Also, he has a spider plant like Maxxy, only his is named Randy. Rob's also the kind of super-nerd who uses words like "homogenized" in everyday speech. And he loves hiking. Dad would love him. Back off, Dad. I saw him first. ;)

Twenty-one seems a little old for a first boyfriend. (I feel sorry for my dad, because I know he was probably looking forward to threatening all my dates, but he never got to because I never dated anyone before I left home.) But I have to say, I kind of think it may have been worth the wait.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of a younger Rye;P

dubby said...

sigh

King Isepik said...

I had a hunch... :)

Queen Karana said...

Heehee. 'nuf said.

Dianna said...

awww, my big sister's growing up! now if only I could find a guy.......

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

The main thing is, how does he feel about you? If he enjoys being around you, treats you well, truly respects you, has good morals and ethics, and is willing to go out of his way for you as much as you are for him, well, then, you've got a keeper, at least for now.

Teachers don't make much money (been there, done that, still doing that), but they generally are very happy with what they do, which to me is the most important thing in choosing a career. So it sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders. Pony tails can always be disposed of when the time is right, and if groomed properly, actually can enhance the appearance of a biologist. (At least he's not tattooed or pierced all over...)

I'm glad you're happy. For a long time, I've been wondering when you'd pick up on the pleasure to had by socializing a little more.